Cellink B beeping issue... Help please

KarlBristol

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
None yet but hopefully a Goluk
I installed my Cellink B the other day; fully hardwired into the fusebox. It works well however every minute to 5 minutes (it's sporadic with no regular occurance) the Cellink B unit beeps at me. It still shows that it is charging and shows a solid red light.

It's a single beep not a sequence.
I've tried piggybacking into various different fuses (primarily 15 and 20A ones) and have the same result every time.

I've just turned the charging on the Cellink down to 5 and am trying yet a different fuse. I'll trial it tomorrow to see if I have the same result.

I'm presuming that this is a fault.

What is the issue?
How can I prevent it?
Has anyone else had this issue before?

Changing it to the lower charge setting and having it in a different fuse feed had no effect whatsoever... Still chooses to beep randomly like there is an issue

Any ideas?

I installed my Cellink B the other day; fully hardwired into the fusebox. It works well however every minute to 5 minutes (it's sporadic with no regular occurance) the Cellink B unit beeps at me. It still shows that it is charging and shows a solid red light.

It's a single beep not a sequence.
I've tried piggybacking into various different fuses (primarily 15 and 20A ones) and have the same result every time.

I've just turned the charging on the Cellink down to 5 and am trying yet a different fuse. I'll trial it tomorrow to see if I have the same result.

I'm presuming that this is a fault.

What is the issue?
How can I prevent it?
Has anyone else had this issue before?

I have mine own cellink hard wired piggybacked to the rear 12 volt auxillary 20 amp socket, and the cellink battery switch is set to 7 amp, as my cellink is in the rear of the vehicle I cant say I have heard any beeps during driving, have you ever seen the green full light on once the cellink is fully charged, you could also try pressing the reset button in that very small hole marked reset to see if that makes any difference.

I know when I have charged the cellink away from the vehicle the green full light comes on when fully charged.

I have installed the unit hardwired both via various fuses, via the cigarette port and reset it.
The beeping seems random and it is one sole beep at a time. When beeping it still shows its charging and does reach fully charged and switches to green accordingly....

Reset did nothing to the fault.

The unit works but this is the worlds most annoying fault. I'm guessing there is no means of muting the audio?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As said my cellink is fitted in the rear of my bmw series 5 estate and cant hear any beeps, but I have pulled it out with the engine running and there is no beeps, I would suggest contacting the dealer you purchased from I found them very helpfull on a couple of issues I had.

Hello.

I had a simalar problem with my Cellink B.

when I start car it would beep to say it was charging, then i would hear 2 beeps to say that the charging has stopped, when I looked at the battery the green light comes on then goes off and the red one comes on this was repeating its self over and over again.

I contacted the seller where i purchased the Cellink B.

he emailed me this solution which worked.

Please follow the steps below:

1) disconnect the Cellink B (from charging cable and from the Cellink B extended battery if is attached)

2) switch off the Cellink (switch on the side must be OFF position)

3) wait about 1min

4) turn on the Cellink B to 5A charging mode

5) press “reset” button

6) connect the Cellink B to the charging lead and wait few second until celling b will start charging itself (you should hear one “beep”)

7) the Celling B need to be charged about 15min to 1hour to operate normally.

Hope this helps

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I've just given it a go so let's hope that it works. I'll check tomorrow on my drive to work and report baxk.

Cellink have replaced all the cables and battery itself and it's still causing beeping issues. I can only presume that the camera is somehow causing feedback or not taking enough charge and causing the battery to beep. I have however also used 7 different USB charger sockets (all of different charge speeds) to link the camera to the battery and it's still causing issues.

Any other suggestions?

Failing that does anyone know how to remove the speaker from the damn battery??

Back