Cellink B Review + [June 24 2015] Cellink B Expansion Review

USDashCamera

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey y'all!

Been using the cellink b for at least a month now. I can say it kicks ass. its not perfect, but as far as I am concerned the best out there if you need long lasting, fast charging.

The T Power Plus Alpha has had issues, and I am waiting on receiving replacements. anypower says they are fixing some of the "coding" that caused issues with the battery over heating. so i can't comment on that if it actually improves it, but when it comes down to it, this battery charges fast and lasts long like I said.

its pretty big though, it also has no sort of override switch, which the t power plus alpha does not either though.

check out my video review:

I have been using the expansion pack for about a month now. I think it is pretty vital for me, at least with my crazy setup. but even if you don't have 5 channels running in your car like me all the time, the expansion can be pretty awesome if you can afford it and want much longer parking mode recording.

Last edited:
I tried charging the cellink from a wall adapter with output of 13.7v max 2.5A but the cellink stop after a short while. Seem like there is a built in cut off on charging if the current is too low? The label on cellink has input of 13.5v 6.5A.

I have a Cellink B that's on the way from Korea.

Has anyone tried, or anyone know, if the Cellink can be charged using 12V smart charger for a car battery (something like a CTEK, for example)?

If the battery can be charged with a smart charger, then that's one less thing I would need to buy :)

I plan on connecting the red alligator clip onto the red cable and the black clip onto the black (ground) cable on the wires going into INPUT on the unit.

I have a Cellink B that's on the way from Korea.

Has anyone tried, or anyone know, if the Cellink can be charged using 12V smart charger for a car battery (something like a CTEK, for example)?

If the battery can be charged with a smart charger, then that's one less thing I would need to buy :)

I plan on connecting the red alligator clip onto the red cable and the black clip onto the black (ground) cable on the wires going into INPUT on the unit.

is the CTEK a float charger or rapid charger?

is the CTEK a float charger or rapid charger?

Hi jokiin - the CTEK is both a rapid and float charger depending on which stage the charger is at through its 8-stage process:
5esEOr.png

http://www.ctek.com/Archive/ProductManualPdf/MXS 5.0_EN.pdf

Thanks mate. Do you know if my connection would cause any issues - i.e. red clip to red cable, black clip to black cable from the "input" wiring on unit?

I'm planning to hardwire the Cellink to an ACC fuse. A running engine would charge the Cellink and, when the engine's off, the Cellink would power my 3 dashcams. Hopefully this would be a "set and forget" type configuration, otherwise I could alway give the unit a "full" charge at home once a week/month depending on how often I drive the car.

Cheers

connection sounds ok, have to see if the amount of driving you do is enough to keep it topped up, not a product I've used so not sure how it fares in that respect

Last edited by a moderator:
Just added my review on the expansion battery. also added a 12v hub with switches to have an override switch for when I am parked in my garage at home and don't want to drain the battery.

Isn't 76.8 wh around 3000mah?
How long does it power a dash cam on its own?

Just added my review on the expansion battery. also added a 12v hub with switches to have an override switch for when I am parked in my garage at home and don't want to drain the battery.

Excellent review of the pros and cons of the Cellink B. I bought mine from blackboxmycar as well and also use it in cold winter climate. In the winter like most batteries it doesn't last as long so I charge it at home for an hour and a half then I'm good for another 24 hrs. During the time the Cellink is on the charger I either use the battery from the car to run my Blackvue DR600 or use my old Lucas Lk-530 which is good for about 5 hours. This coming winter I will probably buy the Cellink Expansion unit after watching your review.

Not sure what is wrong with my cellink B. In recent days, it doesn't seem to switch to the car battery after it is drained. Reset many times and also found no wrong with my wiring. Anyone can advise?

Cellink b acting up. Blinking red and green alternately. Check the voltage at the output cable and found less than 11v. Will start up my blackvue only to power down shortly after. Reset many times. Anyone can advise?

Cellink b acting up. Blinking red and green alternately. Check the voltage at the output cable and found less than 11v. Will start up my blackvue only to power down shortly after. Reset many times. Anyone can advise?
are you using any extra cable to hardwire it? when I wanted it in my trunk, I added an extension wire from the fusebox to the cellink b and it blinked like you said. I assumed it just wasn't getting enough power due to the wire I was using.

No extra wires, just what came in the box. And i didn' t cut the length either. Strangely it was working fine as is and that is why I am puzzled why it happen for no obvious reason.

Not sure what is wrong with my cellink B. In recent days, it doesn't seem to switch to the car battery after it is drained. Reset many times and also found no wrong with my wiring. Anyone can advise?

Same issue here. Died after 7 months, very disappointing.

If it died then please make teardown with detailed photos. Would be nice to see what exactly inside (components etc).

Back