Cellink B with A129 Duo HK3

joe384

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
2 x DR590W-2CH, Cellink B
Hi,

Does anyone know if the Cellink B will work with the A129 Duo in parking mode with Hk3 Hardwire kit?

I think I read somewhere the cellink B has both battery and ACC outputs but having an issue trying to find a manual that covers the connectors in detail

Also are there several versions? I keep hearing of a version 2.1

Parking mode will work if you splice the Viofo's 3-wire hardwire kit to the Cellink B's output cable.

There is a Cellink B and Cellink Neo in North America. The Neo succeeded the B last year.

Version 2.1 has only 1 input and a switch, previous versions had 2 seperate inputs.

I might be able to get by without a cellink, on my current setup I ocasionally hit the hardwire kit voltage cut-off (12.4v). I may just need to drop it to 12.2v or just do a "top-up" charge every now and then.

Well 3-4 weeks back I got a Cellink B off ebay.

The 3-wire output has just 3 bare wires. Rather than just crimping this to the hardwire kit, I am thinking of adding bullet connectors to everything so if I ever need to switch back to the main battery it's just case of unplugging connectors.

Does this sound ok? Is there any difference between soldering bullet connectors or crimping them on other than preference?

Parking mode will work if you splice the Viofo's 3-wire hardwire kit to the Cellink B's output cable.

There is a Cellink B and Cellink Neo in North America. The Neo succeeded the B last year.
How do you splice it? Is there a diagram showing how to do it?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I haven't connected mine up yet as I was waiting on some other bits and want to do all the wiring in one go.

I think I'm just going strip the wires on the hardwire kit and use a terminal block connector instead, finding the correct size bullet connectors or crimping tools is a bit of a hassle, whereas terminal blocks are everywhere.

On the cellink cable B+ (Battery plus) is yellow but battery is red on the HK3, so Red -> Yellow, Yellow -> Red and Black -> Black for the wiring.

I just realised I haven't actually tested the output cable, so I may do that if I get a chance one evening

That adapter is way too expensive for a simple Molex and a cable. I found the connector type and I think I'll make my own adapter

That adapter is way too expensive for a simple Molex and a cable. I found the connector type and I think I'll make my own adapter

Yeah that's the connector - I don't have the crimp tool though so it seemed like a lot of hassle for one connector.
You may be able to get a good enough connection using pliers though

Yeah that's the connector - I don't have the crimp tool though so it seemed like a lot of hassle for one connector.
You may be able to get a good enough connection using pliers though
Here it is, my ~1 euro version
I didn't crimp it, because it's not holding well, so I soldered the wires to the pins.
f9f2adb89dac7eec00b9311a37fa26fc.jpg

Last edited:
I got my Cellink instaled today by the dealer (my Civic is still under warranty).
They had to place it in the glovebox, because the Cellink doesn't have enough space under the seats. It's fine for me as it keeps the cabin clean and I can easily access it.
The contraption that I created works perfectly and the A129 enters the parking mode as soon as I turn off the engine. The Cellink draws 9 Amps from the fusebox. I hope it will last a long time... - that thing was damn expensive! :)
a164de60da691bd87b5271709828959b.jpg

Last edited:
Here it is, my ~1 euro version
I didn't crimp it, because it's not holding well, so I soldered the wires to the pins.
f9f2adb89dac7eec00b9311a37fa26fc.jpg

This is exactly what I need to make! Good work. What model of Molex contacts go into the receptacle, there seem to be a few different types. Where did you buy your parts? Did you use 18awg wire? Sorry for all the questions! I'd buy any spares you had left over is that was possible?! Thanks.

Welcome to DCT @Juju999 :)
According to post#7 in this thread this is a Molex "Micro 3" type, their part #436450400

IIRC the housing and pins for Molex may be separate, so make sure what you order has both. 16ga wore would be better here.

Phil

Welcome to DCT @Juju999 :)
According to post#7 in this thread this is a Molex "Micro 3" type, their part #436450400

IIRC the housing and pins for Molex may be separate, so make sure what you order has both. 16ga wore would be better here.

Phil

Thanks Phil. Yeah I see the housing I wanted to know what pins were used as I see there are a few different pin types for this housing. Cheers.

I did eventually make up a connector for my cellink B, this is what I used (from farnell):

MOLEX 43645-0400 Connector Housing, Single Row, Micro-Fit 3.0 43645 Series, Receptacle, 4 Ways, 3 mm

There are lots of different pins you are right, the molex site lets you know what is compatible.

I also just soldered and then used some pliers instead of a crimping tool, it has worked fine for about a year although the car hasn't been driven much.

The wire I used 22awg 3 core, literally impossible to find, I think I found 1 ebay seller from china that had it!

The wire then goes to a custom switch box where I can switch individual dashcams on/off and switch over to an external power source if I want.

Last edited:
I did eventually make up a connector for my cellink B, this is what I used (from farnell):

MOLEX 43645-0400 Connector Housing, Single Row, Micro-Fit 3.0 43645 Series, Receptacle, 4 Ways, 3 mm

There are lots of different pins you are right, the molex site lets you know what is compatible.

I also just soldered and then used some pliers instead of a crimping tool, it has worked fine for about a year although the car hasn't been driven much.

The wire I used 22awg 3 core, literally impossible to find, I think I found 1 ebay seller from china that had it!

The wire then goes to a custom switch box where I can switch individual dashcams on/off and switch over to an external power source if I want.
Just make sure the wires can withstand 9 Amps at 12 V :)

Another thing of interest is that I found out that the spliced cable you can buy off the internet has the voltage cut-off switch removed from the HK3 hardwire kit as well so the battery can drain to completely empty, I don't know where it is cut though but should be pretty easy to work out...

Another thing of interest is that I found out that the spliced cable you can buy off the internet has the voltage cut-off switch removed from the HK3 hardwire kit as well so the battery can drain to completely empty, I don't know where it is cut though but should be pretty easy to work out...

Is this a cellink cable created for viofo cameras? Yeah I am not sure about that, although the cutoff is really for when you are connected to the main car battery, it is typically not needed if you are hooking up to a cellink, the cellink will output 12.8v regardless of remaining charge, whereas a normal car battery voltage will drop depending on the charge.

A camera will drain a cellink type battery eventually though unless you turn the battery off, or turn the dashcam off.

Blackvue cameras (what I have now) don't have an on/off so I wired some switches inbetween the cameras and battery as it was easier (cellink is under passenger seat)

The viofo cameras you can turn off, so in that case you can turn them off when you don't need parking mode (and leave them on when you do). If you turn them off they will start on next engine start (the ACC signal gets passed through the cellink onto the dashcam)

It's the cable Bbmycar sell. I was chatting with them on their support chat last night. I was enquiring about buying one of their spliced cables for Neo to Viofo, which is basically a Viofo HK3 3 wire kit spliced to an output cable for the Neo. I guess they just make up the neo end themselves as the price of the Cellink HPC3 3 wire cable is ridiculous. I asked him what happens to the voltage cut off switches as they were redundant for this use and he said they remove it. He would not give me any more details and promised he'd send me a quote for their own cable shipped to me in the UK. He hasn't done that so I'm going to make one. Was interesting to note though. He said they remove it so the battery can be fully discharged by the camera. ‍♂️

I asked him what happens to the voltage cut off switches as they were redundant for this use and he said they remove it.
they can't remove them, they are redundant when used with the battery pack so it's a non issue anyway

Back