Cellink Battery B 2nd Gen Wiring for Two-wire Parking Mode (e.g. Thinkware)

Gollan

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Does the Cellink Battery B 2nd Gen offer BOTH "BATT" (always on) and ACC (ignition-switched) outputs to support parking mode? Or does it only offer one always on output and require that the dash cam be connected to both the Cellink and the vehicle ACC? I've been trying to find a manual or wiring diagram with no luck. The unit appears to be aimed at this application, but I can't find specific information about how it switches. I have a hardwired Thinkware dash cam, but with all the built-in gadgetry that came with my Ford Escape, I want to minimize the impact on the my vehicle battery.

Last edited:
To answer my own question...

I reached out to BlackBoxMyCar, since they are the Canadian distributor of the Cellink Battery B and their quick reply was that indeed, the Cellink Battery B 2nd Gen has both BATT and ACC outputs. The supplied wiring harness has a cigarette lighter socket on the end, but that can be removed and the proper wires are available to connect to the Thinkware dash cam hardwire kit.

I'm going for it! Adding the Cellink Battery will give me piece of mind about running parking mode, especially in the cold weather.

Back