Cellink Neo 6 connection to mk3.5 Ford Focus fuse box

gabilondo77

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo,Viofo A129 Pro Duo 4K
Hello, as the title says, I just bought the Cellink Neo 6 to use it with my Viofo A129 Pro Duo dashcam. I want to connect the Neo to the fuse box connecting the camera through the Viofo HK 3-wire hardwire kit.I have both Neo and Viofo hardwire kits.My car is a 2018 mk3.5 Ford Focus,there is someone here who have connected the Neo 3-wire kit to the fuse box of a mk3.5 Focus to show me a picture with the fuses for BATT+, and ACC ? The Neo is drawing 120W (9A) through the fuse box connection but I will use the LOW 5A (70W) charge mode.

Last edited:
2/3 down this page:

F61 - Cigar lighter rear auxiliary power points. 20amp fuse. So 9amp will be ok as long as you are not using it for other large loads.

Thank you very much for quick answer.For ACC can I use the F78 fuse from page 3/3?It says "Push button ignition switch"..I suppose that's the ACC,when I press the Start/Stop button to start/stop the engine.

Last edited:
I mean F61 for BATT+ this is the wire wich take the load for the charge of NEO battery, and F78 which seems to be the ACC switch for the ACC input on the NEO,this one switches from driving to parking mode when yo stop the engine,there is no load there from the NEO side, the 5A fuse is enough because is only a trigger on the NEO side I think.

Last edited:
I have a Land Rover with some Ford parts including engine.

Anyway, accessory circuits are in general only live when the ignition is on.

The same circuit can trigger the auxiliary battery to charge, as well as power it.

The 9amp is probably around 7amps max and as the battery gets closer to fully charged will drop down to about 1 or 2 amps.

Don't use F78, you are more likely to create issues with the CAN bus.

I need to investigate more...Anyway on my car the lighter sockets are live almost 15min more after I lock the car so I don't want to drain the car battery.I need to connect NEO's ACC trigger to ACC switch of the car to stop charging the Neo when I stop the engine and also switch to parking mode..The Neo battery is charging now from the lighter socket at 70W(5A LOW mode)till the end,at 98% is still pulling 5A at 14V,I doubt will be different when switched to HIGH mode 9A from the fuse box..

Ok,my mistake.Just looked to the Neo battery cables kit and I don't need ACC fuse..It only have BATT+ and ground thick wires to charge the battery.The ACC side is on the DC OUT part of the Neo battery(the connection for camera),so I just need to connect the BATT+ wire to a fuse wich is live only when the engine is on and also connect the ground wire of course to a ground point on the fuse box.

Each of my three 20amp accessory sockets are about 2 minutes before switching off.

I'm not using my cameras in parking mode. But have 2 x 9amp DC-DC chargers to charge up 4 x 26Ah batteries (can be used for jump starting 1080amp) for our 28L fridge and phones etc while camping. Also 120 watts of solar if camping for more than a few days.

I could wire in the cameras to this setup if I felt the need. But at the end of the day it is the same wiring.

If you really want to know what is going on and find problems a DC clampmeter is worth its weight in gold!
8402171755837727029.jpg

Hello again,finally I have connected the Neo battery to the fuse panel and everything works perfectly fine as I wanted to be. Anyway,I have noticed a strange thing: connecting to a 10A fuse which is the only one live with the ignition on and dead with ignition off, I have noticed that the Neo battery is NOT charging with the ignition on only, it starts to beep and charge only with the engine running,which is the way that I needed to be .. So I said to myself: what a good thing,the Neo battery have a voltage protection and only charges when the alternator is running(14,7V) and not charging when alternator is off(12,8V from car battery only). Then for safety reasons I have changed the Neo to a 20A fuse (lighter sockets) which is live 10 -15min after locking the car(thinking the Neo have this voltage protection). For my surprise on this fuse the Neo battery beeps and starts to charge immediately with the ignition off and the engine off (not good at all for the car battery because of the 15min delay). I have reconnected to the initial 10A fuse again and this time again the Neo beeps and starts charging immediately with only the ignition on,without starting the engine..So strange it behaves differently now,as a few minutes ago was ok and not charging if the ignition was on(12.8V live from car battery) and engine off with this 10A fuse...So I have to let it connected here because this fuse only gets power with ignition and engine on,and is the only one in the fuse box live only when ignition and engine are on....I let the charge selector on the Neo battery at 5A because 9A is too much for this 10A fuse circuit.Anyway I do a 16-18min trip in the morning to my job and 16-18min back home,and every morning when I arrive to my job garage the Neo is 100% charged on 5A option.My A129 Pro Duo is recording in low bitrate parking mode for 9 hours while car is parked at my office garage,and I power it off when I arrive home because I don't need it in my home garage.The dashcam is switching on 4K+FHD when I start the engine,and when I stop the engine is switching perfectly fine to FHD-FHD low bitrate parking mode,I'm so happy is not failing anymore with the parking/driving mode switch..I've used the 3 wires HK to connect the camera to the Neo battery,maybe this is the reason is working fine now.

Last edited:
Yes the NEO battery probably need to feel the 14 V charge current to start charging and not the 12 - 13 V the battery would be on its own not charging.

Yes the NEO battery probably need to feel the 14 V charge current to start charging and not the 12 - 13 V the battery would be on its own not charging.
Yea but it only done that one time,now it starts charging immediately from car battery only which is not good..I can't understand how was working as it should be before switching to the 20A fuse,and not anymore after that..I know this is stupid but I will ask anyway: Is possible that the fuse have a flow sense,because I can't explain how this was working once and not working after changing to another slot..The only thing that maybe have changed is the orientation of one fuse in the fuse tap connector..As far as I know a fuse is only a short circuit :)

Last edited:
No telling if your car have some form of smarts, these new cars seem to work in mysterious ways some times.

Yep,very strange situation here,but is all true :)

Back