Cellink Neo 6 interferes with radio when charging.

rebelhearts

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I have a Cellink Neo 6 and charge it from the sigarette lighter plug.
It then goes from the cellink to a viofo 119 pro duo.
Now i had some radio problems, with stations whre unhearable, loads of his and even trouble finding some station.
Now at first i tought it was the backwire form the 2ch dashcam that most people talk to, but i found out that when i unplug the sig. charger from the neo out of my car it all works great.

So i bought some ferrite and used that but it didnt work as good as i hoped..
So is there a different sollution?

gr.

Where is the Neo? If in the glovebox or mounted under the dash, the closeness to the radio could make the problem worse. Try moving the Neo and maybe the wiring to it and the cam. Sometimes it helps to have ferrite chokes at both ends of the cabling or by using two mounted together.

Phil

Hi Phil,

I have the neo under my seat, since i have also on the backseat a sig. lighter connection so it was the best deal to put it there.
so its away from the radio.
it looks like the sig. lighter plug from the neo might be the culprit ( hope i spell that right ^^ )
I have on both ends already ferrite chokes on it, but without any succes so far.

Can you try another power source temporarily to see of perhaps the interference is going through that ciggie plug socket, or if that location is adding to the problem? There are some RFI threads here, but you seem to be doing most of which is spoken of in them already, so about all that I can see left to try is this.

Phil

i tried it on the front sig. plug same result, as soon as i plug in, all is well but after few seconds when i see on the app on my telephone it charges it starts to interfere with the radio freq.

I was going to suggest trying the cam without the Neo. I've never heard of any powerbank device interfering with any form of radio but cam's do that sometimes.

Phil

i dont think the product itself is faulty, most people with a neo hardwire it to the fusebox, i think that is my last resort to see if that solves it.
Most people with these problems have it because their power/sig lighter plug is the problem.
and i think the neo might suffer the same.

plenty of people run them off the cig plug, @BlackboxMyCar sells a lot of these and would know if there have been any reports of interference before, can't say I've heard of it being an issue though

Thanks for the tag @jokiin

Hm, I want to say we've never come across this or only ever come across this once (years ago) in 7 years of selling Cellink batteries. Don't fully remember, unfortunately, but definitely one or the other.

This may not help, but perhaps try a 12V male cigarette to 12V female cigarette socket adapter, and plug the Neo in this to see if the issue persists. Alternatively, should try hardwiring as well.

Back