Cellink neo 9 app

dpruk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Thinkware 800 Pro
when the neo is discharging should it still be showing a voltage in the charging field of the app ?
IMG-0737.PNG

Must be a bug. Here's my Neo 6
fadcef44a80bafa7120ce0cddcda72ae.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

will have to try and work out whats going on :(

Here's a picture when its charging Next to the charging (V/A) is now showing 12.4volts and 9.0amps. Not sure what to make of it

It could have a defect. Try to unplug all connectors, turn it off, connect the cables again and turn it on again.

it shows zero amps in that first pic, it looks like it's just registering the voltage on the input, it's not actually charging

comparing screenshots from different versions of the product also so the behavior may not be the same

What is strange is that, in the second picture, when charging, the input voltage is 12.4 V which is unusual for a car that has its engine running (my Neo is usually receiving 14.3 V when charging (engine running)).
If the engine was not running at that time, then it's charging from the car's battery, which it should not do. In this case the Neo is not properly connected to the fusebox.

What is strange is that, in the second picture, when charging, the input voltage is 12.4 V which is unusual for a car that has its engine running (my Neo is usually receiving 14.3 V when charging (engine running)).
If the engine was not running at that time, then it's charging from the car's battery, which it should not do. In this case the Neo is not properly connected to the fusebox.

The ignition was on but engine not running, when the engine is running it is receiving about 14.3 V

it shows zero amps in that first pic, it looks like it's just registering the voltage on the input, it's not actually charging

comparing screenshots from different versions of the product also so the behavior may not be the same
That's what I am thinking now. The charging light on the neo isn't on when the ignition is turned off. There seems to be very few people with the neo 9 to compare

The ignition was on but engine not running, when the engine is running it is receiving about 14.3 V
Was the ignition off in the first picture?

Another strange thing with the neo9 is that it appears to need to register power from the cars battery to work, so if you unplug the input cable it shuts down
Also the neo charges when you start the car and goes into continuous mode and when you turn the car off the charging light goes out and the dashcam tells you parking mode has started and the app says discharging battery, however the percentage on the app has only dropped to 93% once every other time it stays a 100% even though the dashcam has said its starting parking mode

Last edited:
when the neo is discharging should it still be showing a voltage in the charging field of the app ?
View attachment 50484
Did you get this problem sorted out, I have the same problem. I removed the dashcam and neo from my old car and installed it into a new car and now I have the same problem as you. It was working perfect in my old car.

Back