Cellink Neo Base Unit connected to Blackview B-124x Base Unit - Possible???

David Lowe

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello fellow dash cammers,

So, I am running a Thinkware U1000 connected to a Cellink NEO which is hardwired to the fuse box. I want to add always-on WiFi for parking mode and the best I have found is using a T-Mobile SyncUp Drive (not purchased yet) with an OBDII to USB adapter. I want this to run off of a standalone battery like the U1000 but the NEO does not have a USB port. The Blackview B-124x, which appears to be nearly the same as the NEO (I read they are made by the same manufacturer), has a 5v USB port.

My first idea is to purchase the B-124x and just use it as an auxiliary battery bank for the SyncUp and any other devices (like an inverter). However, that is costly for that.

I would like to know if it would be possible to chain the Neo and B-124x together like a Base+Extension combo or would it cause issues or be disastrous like catching the car on fire? This would give me extended parking mode and power the SyncUp utilizing the purchases to there fullest.

If that doesn't work or is inadvisable, the other question I have is, will there be any issue connecting the NEO and B-124x to the fuse box (two different fuse locations) or will that cause issues with the car or car battery as it charges both while driving?

Thanks for any info or advise you can provide.

Stay Safe :)

Back