Cellink NEO Charging - low or high ?? (09 Version)

Andy Moore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been using a Cellink B since they first came out and very happy with Cellink.

Decided to upgrade to a Cellink NEO 09 version (slightly larger pack but not the biggest they do).

I want this battery to last (as my B version has) so whilst even though I have my new NEO hard wired to a 20amp fuse
that is only live when the ignition is on, not sure whether to charge it at low rate (5A ??) or high rate (9-13A ??).

I use Lithium Phosphate batteries in another hobby and I know you generally charge them at lower rates for longevity (even though they take higher charges). This battery charges up REALLY quickly on high charge but am I better to charge at the lower rate to prolong its life ??

Forgot to add, charging at a lower rate in colder temperatures 5-10C would also be more beneficial for the battery as they dont like high charges at cold temps

If your trips are long enough for the low rate to charge fast enough then yes, charge at low rate and possibly double the lifespan.

Forgot to add, charging at a lower rate in colder temperatures 5-10C would also be more beneficial for the battery as they dont like high charges at cold temps
They don't like charging at any speed above a few milliamps if below freezing, if you want a long lifespan then it's probably best to turn it off below +5C. Trying to charge them fast at below 0C can result in a fire.

Back