Cellink Neo fix for no power output

Eternalblue

Reaction score
Country
Germany
After using Celling Neo for more than 1 year i got constant disconnects for my dashcam.
As Bluetooth did show it is fully charged i took my DMM and did check output voltage. For those 4 pin Cam connection there was none unless i plugged in USB cable in F/W update port. Second output for additional battery did show 13.x volts. So most likely there was something about ground connection or output for those 4pin.

Here is the fix i did:
1. Remove stickers from front and backside
2. Now you see 4 screws on each end you have to remove
3. It's easy now to remove top/botton cover
4. Take a soldering iron and some tin-solder and re-fix those 4 pins for cam out connection. Those are easy to reach and if you have a close look you can see the
factory soldering job was bad.

Those Cells used in Celling Neo should last much longer than 1 year but looks like this is some weak connection which due to climate condition in car gets bad over time.

Today's lead-free solders are hard to work with and do not endure as well as the old stuff did. The need to eventually "re-heat" connections like this happens with anything electronic now and is a major point of failure in all electronics today :( While I do like protecting workers and the environment from the problems associated with lead, there are ways to do that without the need for lead-free solder but politicians and people have freaked out about the issue and the end result is this :mad:

As someone who knows something about lithium-based batteries I can assure you that there are better cells than those used in the Cellink device which would last longer yet not add a lot of cost to the end product. They were able to get away with this in the past due to there being almost no other options to get their functionality, but this is changing and hopefully we will get better products as the result ;)

Phil

Back