Cellink NEO had problems but BlackBoxMyCar has worked with me to resolve the problem. Please delete this thread.

My one year old NEO has stopped sending power to my U1000 when I turn the car off. With it on everything works normally. I just ordered a new unit to replace it but was wondering about where would I send this one for repairs?

My one year old NEO has stopped sending power to my U1000 when I turn the car off. With it on everything works normally. I just ordered a new unit to replace it but was wondering about where would I send this one for repairs?
Please send us an email to info@blackboxmycar.com along with your order number (if you don't have it, provide your full name and address) and a description of the issues you're having, and we'll reply there within 1-2 business days!

I just wanted to follow up as I corresponded with Mark over at BBMC and it was a problem with the cable that was my fault not the NEO. I used the NEO plug off the damaged cable and attached it to the Thinkware hardwire kit cable that came with my camera and everything is good now. Between the soldering and double shrinkwrap plus cloth tape wrap I don't think this one will be having any problems anytime soon.

I just wanted to follow up that after speaking with Thinkware my unit is going in for repairs. Today it heated up so bad that I just unplugged it and stuck another 4k camera in the car.

I installed a new U1000 into my car which works great and barely draws any power and is barely warm while running. Also shipped the faulty unit back to Thinkware's repair facility. That old unit was set to low energy parking mode yet recorded on every available mode quickly filling up each folder. I wish I'd looked at the microsd folders closer as it started malfunctioning in the warranty period. Nevertheless when it comes back I'll have a spare, might even put it back in and run it. The new one has a 3 year warranty on it just in case.

Back