Cellink Neo or Thinkware iVolt BAB-50

executioner

Reaction score
Country
Panama
Dash Cam
Viofo A118, A119 & A129 Duo
Considering a battery for parking mode due to having a BMW. Which are the pros and cons when comparing a Thinkware Ivolt BAB-50 versus a Cellink Neo.

My requirement is park recording 6-8 hours daytime at work. Commute is about 45-60 minutes each way. Current dashcam Viofo A129 duo.

Wondering if $75-90 difference is worth it based on my expected usage. Seems the installation would be similar but not sure if I need to buy extra hardwire kits.

The Neo offers about 25% more battery capacity, charges quicker and has a smartphone app (to monitor capacity, charging time, etc.).

You would want a spliced output cable as the connection between either battery packs and your A129 Duo in order for your dash cam to work in parking mode. Otherwise, installation is the same.

@BlackboxMyCar In parking mode iVolt is using also the car battery (like Blackvue Power Magic) or only its batteries (like Cellink)?

@BlackboxMyCar In parking mode iVolt is using also the car battery (like Blackvue Power Magic) or only its batteries (like Cellink)?

The IVOLT behaves the same way as the Cellink or B-124X. Since the IVOLT's ACC hardwire kit is meant to connect to an ACC fuse, it will only draw power when the car is on.

Reactions: Mtz
Back