Cellink Neo Safety in Hot Sunny Weather

erotavlas

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi,
Does anyone know if it is safe to keep this battery in a car that is parked in a sunny location (hot summer weather, no shade).
I actually have this battery but I just received it and was reconsidering installing it because I realized that the inside of a car can get quite hot when left parked in the sun. And I know its LiFePO4 which is supposed to be safer however the max temp in the specs is 65C and I read that car can exceed this temperature sometimes.

keep it down low and out of line of sight to keep it as cool as possible, car interior can easily hit 65°C on a 30°C day if parked in full sun, lower down will be cooler

I’ve got mine installed in the center console tunnel, I popped the side panel off and tucked it inside under where the cup holders basically are. I had my blackvue b112 in there for over a year and it was never an issue so I don’t see the NEO being any more of an issue but we shall see this summer.

I don't use a cell link neo but I use an "Anypower T plus" battery back up to run my blackvue DR590. I have the battery located behind the driver side left foot kick panel. They use the same batteries as the cell link. I've been using it for a year now with no issues in this San Antonio, Texas heat.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If i had one i would stash it under a seat, the lowest / shaded / and best ventilated place i can think off.

what about in the trunk is it safe in there?

Trunk would be fine too

What shall the ones do that live like in Texas where cars get to over 100 on sunny days on a norm?

What shall the ones do that live like in Texas where cars get to over 100 on sunny days on a norm?
Not exactly sure what you're asking but, I live in San Antonio and I've had my battery pack stored in the trunk as well. It's been installed in 2 different vehicles.

Back