Cellink Neo with Thinkware F800

bobn27613

Reaction score
Country
United States
I currently have a Thinkware F800 hardwired with no issues. I want to install a Cellink Neo.
I received a model of the Cellink Neo that is not specific to Thinkware.
So my question is do I just connect the ground to my existing ground and the acc wire to the existing accessory and leave the 12volt constant as is? Thank you for any assistance

I currently have a Thinkware F800 hardwired with no issues. I want to install a Cellink Neo.
I received a model of the Cellink Neo that is not specific to Thinkware.
So my question is do I just connect the ground to my existing ground and the acc wire to the existing accessory and leave the 12volt constant as is? Thank you for any assistance
Hi,
I also have just bought a Cellink Neo 6 to go with my Thinkware F800 Pro.

Are you going down the hardwire route or the cigarette lighter route?

As I am having issues with the parking mode not recording, (hence the reason to buy a Neo Power Bank) my dashcam is already hardwired, the problem is that to use the Neo, the wiring needs to be adapted to make the necessary connections. Unfortunately, this means having to undo any work to free up the wires running from the dashcam to the feeds. (Constant Live, ACC and Earth, or as you call it Ground.
As the Neo comes with two cables, one to hardwire and one for a cigarette lighter feed. I am butchering the plug off the cig lighter and connecting this to the Live and Earth/Ground feed from the dashcam so this will plug into the Input socket of the Neo (switched to HIGH (9V) charge).
The LIVE feed from the Dashcam hardwire was designed to be connected to a constant live feed, so when the car systems were closed down, the parking mode recording would kick in. This doesn't happen with my car. As others have previously discovered, the electrical system picks up an 'unofficial' drain and closes it down. I did look to run a feed directly from the battery through the bulkhead, but without drilling through the bulkhead into who knows what!!!, I decided to go down the route of the Neo power bank.
So, I am assuming the live feed (parking mode), should be connected to the ACC wire of the plug and the other goes to the Earth/Ground wire.
If anyone has experienced this scenario or has more knowledge, I welcome their suggestions.
Regards
CiderCid

Back