Cellink Neo

jcpg

Reaction score
I just got a low voltage warning from my less than a week old Cellink NEO hardwired. I understand this simply means that the battery of my car is below 11.7V and that it may need more time for my car to charge to get above this threshold. Is this something that’s going to get worse in colder months? BTW I had my Thinkware F800 directly hardwired through all of winter with minimal cut off in NJ.

I notice this as well with both the Neo and the BlackVue B-124. I think you can basically ignore it.

Thanks. I’m still learning the draw and limitations of this thing. It’ll take some time before I get used to it.

I just got a low voltage warning from my less than a week old Cellink NEO hardwired. I understand this simply means that the battery of my car is below 11.7V and that it may need more time for my car to charge to get above this threshold. Is this something that’s going to get worse in colder months? BTW I had my Thinkware F800 directly hardwired through all of winter with minimal cut off in NJ.

From what we know, that means the NEO isn't drawing as much anymore.
When you get the Low Voltage warning, is the Cellink beeping as well?

Stuart @ BlackboxMyCar

That’s weird. I have the same setup as you except I am using an F800Pro. I do have my Cellink Neo in my trunk so I don’t think I would be able to hear any beeps.

I only get that warning on my Neo when I turn my vehicle off (2018 Escalade) but continue sitting in the vehicle without opening a door or anything else. During this time, the vehicle still powers the radio, 12vdc etc for 10 minutes or until you leave the vehicle and ‘arm’ it. I’ve grown to just ignore it.

From what we know, that means the NEO isn't drawing as much anymore.
When you get the Low Voltage warning, is the Cellink beeping as well?

Stuart @ BlackboxMyCar

Yes the Cellink beeps (power on) initially during ignition then about 2-3 min later it beeps twice and the app says low voltage warning. A few seconds after that I close the app then reopen and it disappears. Should I be concerned at this point?

I have the power inverter to charge the Cellink Neo. I’m not entirely sure if the Neo should be powered on while charging. Anyway, my Neo seems to be hovering around 80%. Yesterday it was at 100% now it’s 80something% again. I’m not sure what’s going on. I’m having it installed Thursday and just wanted it to have a good charge.

Yes the Cellink beeps (power on) initially during ignition then about 2-3 min later it beeps twice and the app says low voltage warning. A few seconds after that I close the app then reopen and it disappears. Should I be concerned at this point?
At this point in time, we're in contact with EGEN to figure out the issue.
It seems to be an app error and not the actual battery that's at fault.

At this point in time, we're in contact with EGEN to figure out the issue.
It seems to be an app error and not the actual battery that's at fault.

Thanks:) It’s been beeping continuously when in”low voltage” mode nowadays. Like one beep every 5-10 seconds. I can still get a good charge but I’m no longer able to get from 70%-100% in 7-8 min as I was my first few days of owning the NEO. It now takes my entire 20-25 min commute to reach 100%from 67-70%.

Has anyone attempted to use the extra battery connection? If so, how has it worked out?

Has anyone attempted to use the extra battery connection? If so, how has it worked out?
We're actually getting them sometime early next month!
Our team will most likely post a review shortly on our findings!

Thanks! I look forward to watching the review. I'm not sure that I'd need the extra recording time but I thought I would ask anyway.

That is great news, been hoping the expansion packs release soon. Thanks BBMC!

I noticed excessive beeping today, looked at the app and it showed the low voltage warning message as already mentioned above, voltage was 11.7v too. It turned out to be because the engine wasn't running, ( Auto stop/start) but I still had the ignition on so it was still live to the car battery but not under alternator charging conditions. I normally run on the high 9A charge setting, but when I switched it to the 5A option it was more tolerant when the engine wasn't running, it still showed 11.7v though so I'm not sure why it's happier! So now I know why I can ignore the low voltage warning.

Looks like the extended battery pack arrived at BlackBoxMyCar.

Unfortunately, my battery's firmware is F144 which means I'll need to send it in for a Firmware update. Right now I'm getting pretty good coverage though. I was at 100% Saturday night around 6: 15 and as of 1:00pm today I'm at 2%. That's not too bad.

Looks like the extended battery pack arrived at BlackBoxMyCar.

Unfortunately, my battery's firmware is F144 which means I'll need to send it in for a Firmware update. Right now I'm getting pretty good coverage though. I was at 100% Saturday night around 6: 15 and as of 1:00pm today I'm at 2%. That's not too bad.

how to check the cellink neo firmware version?

I’m using an iPhone. The firmware version should be listed the very bottom of the app sceeen in the settings mode. The font is tiny so it’s easy to miss.

I’m using an iPhone. The firmware version should be listed the very bottom of the app sceeen in the settings mode. The font is tiny so it’s easy to miss.

seem like can't see in android version.

Back