Country
Italy
Hi

I need to know from someone that has neo 6 If There is an USB Port

I need for powering my portable router with usb port

If im right blackvue has it but I got a good deal on cellink but dont know that

Thanks!

No USB port on Cellink Neo.Cellink Neo Ports.jpg

Only the old BlackVue B-112 has a USB (2 actually) but the Neo is the better device over all.

Soery but ultra blackvue battery doesnt have usb? I saw a review saying got usb mmmm damn

Soery but ultra blackvue battery doesnt have usb? I saw a review saying got usb mmmm damn

DashOto is correct, the Blackvue B112 Power Magic battery does have 2 usb ports. But it's the 'older' pack from Blackvue which I believe has half the capacity of the Cellink Neo/Blackvue b124.

I was using the B112 for a little over a year before I got my Cellink Neo this past January/February and never did have a problem with it so if it would work for you, I will say it is still a good product. I just wanted way more parking mode run time. I'm actually getting 2 expansion packs delivered this evening for my Cellink Neo which will run my Viofo A129 Duo for around 56 hours.

Yeah, sorry. I should have been more specific.

Old BlackVue B-112 Power Magic Battery has 2 USB ports (Pretty sure they're slowly becoming end of life, but still available online through different resellers)
New BlackVue B-124 Power Magic Ultra Battery has 0 USB ports. (The B-124 is similar to the NEO)

Ok help me out, I gotta use router 4g in my car but how I power it?

I cant with blackvue ultra and I dont like to use normal powerbank in my car

Whats the solution ?

Thanks

Do you already have a 4G hotspot?

If not, there are some ODB wi-fi hotspots that carriers are carrying now.

Why no to a generic powerbank?
Just gotta find one that hits all the right marks, and store it out of the sun.

It outputs to a 12V cigar lighter socket, so you can plug in a standard 12V to USB power adaptor, or a dual one if you want 2 USB...

On blackvue ultra I see dashcam output and expensaion output and dcin

In one of those I put that adaptor?

I believe what @Nigel means is instead of plugging the dashcam into the original power adapter of the device... Plug in a 12v to USB instead so you could charge your hotspot... but then you wouldn't be able to plug in your dashcam.
Unless you have a 12V splitter, so you could plug in a USB charger AND your dashcam.
Use this for accessory reference
So like: Output cable for dashcam > Dual USB car charger > Hotspot (then unplug the hotspot when you're using the cam??) Not sure if this is exactly what Nigel meant but that's my impression.
But what I said would look more like: Output cable for dashcam > 12V splitter > 1 side charging hotspot | the other side has your dashcam plugged in

But really all that sounds like tons of extra wire hanging about. :sick:
Not sure if this will all be worthwhile though, may have to do some research on what the best adapters would be for this kind of usage.
No idea if those amazon products are any good, just using them as a reference.

Ok I thought of that thing but I need to power my router when car is off and that thing its for when car is on

I thought to power it from blackvue ultra power bank but I cant cause doesnt have usb port

thats my dilemma

I dont feel safe using common cheap power bank

Yeah, sorry. I should have been more specific.

Old BlackVue B-112 Power Magic Battery has 2 USB ports (Pretty sure they're slowly becoming end of life, but still available online through different resellers)
New BlackVue B-124 Power Magic Ultra Battery has 0 USB ports. (The B-124 is similar to the NEO)

ok thanks, my english isnt good and also im not a tech guy.

My new car is coming in few days, I saw theres a "12 V" port in the back. Can I connect b-112 Power Magic Battery theres or only to front cig lighter spot ? Cause I wanna use that 12v and put b-112 with my rear cam and my router connected to b-112.

IM asking cause i dont even know what is 12v etc :p

Last edited:
No worries, happy to help.

You could plug it into either the front or back cig lighter port.
So long as you can reach it with your camera.

Im still here DashOto, I'm your nightmare :p

I already bought Blackvue Dr 750 1ch and 1 blackvue ultra battery ( coming in 2 days )
I still have 1 doubt before buying stuffs. Its about router, battery capacity and hot weather :)

Why I want a router ? Im going to vacation in south Italy ( not safe zone sometimes ) and when Im visiting cities I would like to receive any blackvue alert. Then also in my hotel, parking is not guarded so I would like to receive any alert. Im not worried about bumping my car, but im worried about stealing it :p I got insurance etc but still...

Option 1 : im gonna put b112 in the back, I can connect router ( without battery ) and dashcam BUT too many stuffs and small battery... means if im parked 14 hours, not gonna last that much, maybe 5-6 I think.

Option 2 : its to buy another blackvue ultra battery, so Im gonna have 1 in front and 1 in the back. But then I cant connect to router. So I've to buy a portable router with battery inside, but isnt LIFEPO4 so im worried about it.

What woud you choose or suggest me ?

I know Im a bit maniac :ROFLMAO:

Im thinking to precharge something at home, but I found out that 300€ powerbank doesnt have even home charger for it

I cant find it in amazon so Ive to buy alternative

Its This ok ?

or maybe this : Trehai 120W 12V 10A

thas has more positive reviews but 10 A isnt too much ? thanks

Any help pls? Last question I swear :p thanks!

Ive ordered first one, should be ok? Otherwise I do refund and pick second, they both ok or they can ruin my blackvue powerbank? Thanks

Sorry bud, was away for the weekend.

I'm sorta confused which battery you're getting so to clear it up:

B-112 = BlackVue Power Magic Battery (WITH 2 USB PORTS)
B-124 = BlackVue Power Magic Ultra Battery (no USB)

That first charger seemed fine, just expect it to charge on the slower side of the charger speed (hardwiring is quickest).

You might have to do some trial and error on seeing what works best for you, in terms of the battery for your hotspot.

I would probably test how long it lasts connected to the camera, while not attached to any portable battery.
I don't imagine the camera will constantly be uploading/downloading, so the hotspot might last longer than expected.

Maybe having a couple power banks to swap in and out to charge interchangeably might work.

Back