CF-100 Rear camera footage

gretl4

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have sample footage from the rear camera of the CF-100? I saw someone saying that his would pause every 1 min and lose about 1/2 a second of footage between files. Does anyone know if this is a universal problem?

Thanks

Last edited:
I was the one who said that, so i don't know if it's universal. This video has cropped and mirrored rear video so that it looks like an actual rearview mirror, but it shows the pause I'm talking about.

Thanks for the reply. It definitely looks like there is missing footage but I suppose 1 second every 60 isn't that terrible. Can you increase each file past 1 minute to help it out?

Thanks for the reply. It definitely looks like there is missing footage but I suppose 1 second every 60 isn't that terrible. Can you increase each file past 1 minute to help it out?
nope, it doesn't let you change file length. but you're right - in practice it's not a big deal. front cam is way more important than rear and front cam files are completely seamless - no overlap and no missing footage.

Yeah, there was ( still is ) always a very small gap in rear cam videos. Hope at some stage they will fix it via FW update ?

Yeah, there was ( still is ) always a very small gap in rear cam videos. Hope at some stage they will fix it via FW update ?
not likely. i think this is a discontinued model, so that's why it's so cheap - stores dumping their inventory barely above cost.

honestly i was surprised to get the M1.3 firmware which fixed the gps lock issue, where it wouldn't record AT ALL while it was searching for a GPS signal. that was a pretty huge bug!

Yeah, for quite long time CF-100 have "dumping" price. I wonder how much stock they still have it ? It's has justified value even at double of present price.

not likely. i think this is a discontinued model, so that's why it's so cheap - stores dumping their inventory barely above cost....

While on the subject of CF100 rear video all the samples I've seen of night video from the rear camera seem to be very low contrast - mostly varying shades of grey with very little, if any, really dark or bright areas. Was that your experience as well?

While on the subject of CF100 rear video all the samples I've seen of night video from the rear camera seem to be very low contrast - mostly varying shades of grey with very little, if any, really dark or bright areas
That is one of the reasons I went with my double CF100 set up and put the rears on my side windows.

Last edited:
Maybe it's better to buy two a118-c's for not much more? I would just need two cards and a power splitter?

Last edited:
Right now a 2 channel cf100 costs about the same as one a118+gps. You'd also need two sd cards and if you want to lock a file, is really hard to do so for the rear a118.

Certainly an option, however, a bit of a trade off which ever way you go. Here's my take on it:

CF-100:
Better quality front footage overall (weakness to lots of trees however!), small gap in rear footage
One-button press to lock files on both cameras
Has a proper parking mode (pre-buffered?) should you need it
Built to a very high standard, see niko's review on this forum
No screen (AV out can be used only to aim camera if you have compatible wire + monitor)
Not very discreet at the front unless you spray it/darken with marker pen, etc
Videos will be synced without any effort, however, both videos will be tied together in one .AVI file meaning they will be compatible with less software (can be split into two separate files using Gibson99's script)

2x A118C:
Better rear footage, no gaps, not sure about overlaps?
Can only lock front camera files as you won't be able to reach the rear cam!
Parking mode iffy, might miss important things in parking mode (can be overcome somewhat if you disable motion detection and hardwire them for constant power+use a battery discharge prevention kit+huge SD cards, but, how long will your car's battery power TWO cameras in constant normal recording mode? Also consider SD card lifespan (2x cards vs 1 card in CF-100) when used in this way)
Probably average build quality, I'm not sure, seems to be considered quite reliable I think
Small screen for aiming and playback
One of the most discreet form factors available
You will need to sync the videos yourself manually, unless you only want unedited footage for legal/insurance purposes

Certainly an option, however, a bit of a trade off which ever way you go. Here's my take on it:

CF-100:
Better quality front footage overall (weakness to lots of trees however!), small gap in rear footage
One-button press to lock files on both cameras
Has a proper parking mode (pre-buffered?) should you need it
Built to a very high standard, see niko's review on this forum
No screen (AV out can be used only to aim camera if you have compatible wire + monitor)
Not very discreet at the front unless you spray it/darken with marker pen, etc
Videos will be synced without any effort, however, both videos will be tied together in one .AVI file meaning they will be compatible with less software (can be split into two separate files using Gibson99's script)

2x A118C:
Better rear footage, no gaps, not sure about overlaps?
Can only lock front camera files as you won't be able to reach the rear cam!
Parking mode iffy, might miss important things in parking mode (can be overcome somewhat if you disable motion detection and hardwire them for constant power+use a battery discharge prevention kit+huge SD cards, but, how long will your car's battery power TWO cameras in constant normal recording mode? Also consider SD card lifespan (2x cards vs 1 card in CF-100) when used in this way)
Probably average build quality, I'm not sure, seems to be considered quite reliable I think
Small screen for aiming and playback
One of the most discreet form factors available
You will need to sync the videos yourself manually, unless you only want unedited footage for legal/insurance purposes

Thanks for the summary.

I was the one who said that, so i don't know if it's universal. This video has cropped and mirrored rear video so that it looks like an actual rearview mirror, but it shows the pause I'm talking about.
My rear cam was doing too. I'm not it's normal though. Just recently my rear cam died and I borrowed an identical rear cam to test my cable and front cam and that borrowed rear camera videos don't pause...

A normal working rear camera does have a gap, it's probably caused by the frame rate being slightly different between the front and rear camera (silly idea IMO).

Back