Change Blackvue 124-X to Cellink NEO 9

waqasahmed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This isn't particularly important atm, but I've noticed that the Cellink Neo has about 68 hours of recording, from one battery which is pretty cool
CUrrently, the Blackvue-124X is hardwired and placed under the passenger seat

I really don't want to mess about with any hard wiring, which is exactly why I paid Halfords to fit everything in for me. Could I in theory, simply swap and replace without having to re-wire anything?

Where did you get the "68hours"? Cellink Neo and Blackvue-124X are basically the same batteries (manufacturer is the same, capacity should be 76.8Wh in both cases as well) DR900X-2CH consumes about 5Wh (if i recall correctly), means 76.8Wh/5Wh = 15.36 hours. Even Cellink Neo 8+ will provide you only about 19 hours.

Isn't easier to just add another battery? You can buy their quite expensive "addon" or use 12V LiFePO4 battery from another manufacturer (it rather should include PCM). You can make your own as well but that needs time and a bit of skill.
I extended the capacity of my B-124 with GWL battery below (quite nice :D). I don't recommend you to use this particular one alone because it doesn't contain any protection (except the one inside the B-124) which isn't enough for a stand-alone device.
gwl_battery_lithium_lp12v20ahb_2_600x600_z1.jpg
169276493_2256427501167567_3056456271904430665_n.jpg

Last edited:
Where did you get the "68hours"? Cellink Neo and Blackvue-124X are basically the same batteries (manufacturer is the same, capacity should be 76.8Wh in both cases as well) DR900X-2CH consumes about 5Wh (if i recall correctly), means 76.8Wh/5Wh = 15.36 hours. Even Cellink Neo 8+ will provide you only about 19 hours.

Isn't easier to just add another battery? You can buy their quite expensive "addon" or use 12V LiFePO4 battery from another manufacturer (it rather should include PCM). You can make your own as well but that needs time and a bit of skill.
I extended the capacity of my B-124 with GWL battery below (quite nice :D). I don't recommend you to use this particular one alone because it doesn't contain any protection (except the one inside the B-124) which isn't enough for a stand-alone device.
View attachment 56084
Thanks

From here

Ok, same formula, 115.2Wh/5Wh = 23hours. The overall time on battery depends on consumption of the dashcam and capacity of the battery.

View attachment 56084
Would this work?

Yep, that one should do the trick.

Now you need to add about 12-14 AWG wire with XT60 connector on one end and ring terminals on the other.

Last edited:
Yep, that one should do the trick.

Now you need to add about 12-14 AWG wire with XT60 connector on one end and ring terminals on the other.

Thanks. How would I connect that, and store it? Currently, the Blackvue one just sits under the passenger seat.

Thanks. How would I connect that, and store it? Currently, the Blackvue one just sits under the passenger seat.
Well, i told you so how to connect them :D. XT60 female connector on one side (you need that for Blackvue side), ring terminals screwed to the battery terminals and fairly thick wire between them.

Depends on where you want them. My batteries are in a trunk, where normaly is a spare tire, but my car has run-flats so it's just another storage space. Secured by velcro (possible to quickly remove it if necessary and it acts as a shock absorber)
If you plan to have Blackvue battery under the passenger seat and the addon somewhere further away, you better use the thicker wire. ;) Personaly, i would rather have both batteries next to each other (sure it's just 5-13Amps but still...), not to mention that Blackvue's cable for dashcam is much thinner and it's easier (and safer) to run it across a car in compare to two thick wires between batteries.

Back