Change Chinese SN to International

Salvs Jules

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Hello Guys,

I just bought a New Z23L Chinese version Yi Action Camera, and now the Yi App just got its update, it changes the language from English to Chinese, is there any workaround on that one?

I saw one thread here that he change the SN to International, do we have any Guide/Steps on how to do that?

Thanks,

Not sure what phone you have... but the app should have English or Chinese and it depends on your phone's language under system setting I believe. There's no need to change serial number on the Action Cam, that's for the dashcam.

@runtohell121

I'm rocking a Galaxy Note 5, the problem is that the System Language is set to English, I found a solution to download the older version of the App, but I wanted to use the current version is there any Resolution for that?

Try changing the region setting in your phone? Like change the region to U.S. and see if the app would load in English. I don't have the Android app to try out, but for iOS, it follows the System Language/Region.

I don't know then... I just downloaded the newest "YI Action" (App version 3.0.3) app from Google Play Store on my Galaxy Note 3 and the app is in English. I'm looking at the app right now and there is no settings to change the language, so it's all based on the phone's system.

My Yi Action Camera is also the Chinese version that I got when it was first released.

edit: I guess some versions of the camera indeed do show Chinese.... Here's the post that will help you: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/changing-yi-action-camera-ui-from-chinese-to-english.17771/

Just download the script and paste it to the root of your SD card

Last edited:
Yes, I saw it, that's why I edited my post. Just download the script and copy and paste it to the root of the Micro SD Card. It should autorun the script, but make sure to not delete the script when you're viewing files and transferring it to your computer.

Oh! So no any changes needed to be done on the attached script ? Just copy and paste and that's it?

You could change the serial number if you want, something similar to yours, but you would have to edit it in a text file and make sure the extension is .ash when saving the script.

Thanks mate you rock! But do you suggest not to touch anything in the attached file? Would it not brick the device?

I would change the serial number to match yours. Scripts shouldn't brick the device, there shouldn't be much harm if the script was wrong.

What should I change it to? Use my devices Serial? Because mines in Chinese.

Try to match it.
e.g. Z23L545AUS0838883
Z23L545AUSxxxxxxx

I'm not sure how the serial number goes, but whichever your version is, assuming Z23LxxxAUSxxxxxxx

Back