Change settings in app or through pc viewer?

brainy

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I've obviously been quite challenged with this dash cam, but i am now struggling to understand all the settings available.

In the mobile app, there's less settings to change. I'm finding that the settings don't "stick" for long. I make some changes, hit save, the camera reboots and then when it comes back online, it's got completely different settings.
I then repeat the process and the settings will finally stick. Is there something i'm supposed to do to make the settings default to the camera?

Is there a better way? Is it better to change the settings through the mobile app or PC?

Where can i find information about all of the different settings?

On the Phone App (iPhone)

Under Basic
- Cabel Voltage Loss Settings 0.3v (that's how it's spelt in the app, but clearly it's relating to cable)

Additional
- AC Power Frequency 60Hz(30fps)

Initialization - I assume this is factory reset?

Thanks,

Brian

on the PC viewer, you can set the video quality to three different settings. It's on high, but you can set it to highest.

What is the difference between the 3 quality settings?

On the Phone App (iPhone)

1. Under Basic
- Cabel Voltage Loss Settings 0.3v (that's how it's spelt in the app, but clearly it's relating to cable)

2. Additional
- AC Power Frequency 60Hz(30fps)

3. Initialization - I assume this is factory reset?

4. on the PC viewer, you can set the video quality to three different settings. It's on high, but you can set it to highest.

5. What is the difference between the 3 quality settings?

1. this will be to fine tune the voltage cutoff settings

2. you need to set this to 50Hz

3. sounds like it

4. will change the bitrate

5. higher bitrate will give better video but use more memory space

What's the difference to 50hz and 60hz?

What's the difference to 50hz and 60hz?

any incandescent lighting, street lights, fluro lights in car parks etc will cause flicker in the video if you have this set incorrectly, it's to match mains power switching frequency which is 50Hz for Australia

LED lighting, signs etc will still show a bit of flickering as they use a higher switching frequency, this is quite normal and expected

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B QVIA AR790 1