Changing config file problem

dklein

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
LK-7950wd
So if I try on the wifi app to disable the security LED or disable the G-sensor, the app dies. I've contacted ProCom, the USA dealer, and they sent me some ambiguous info back that was somehow translated from Korean. Anyways, I the thought I had it figured out by changing the settings in Lukas Viewer program which saves the setting to the SD card config file. That does indeed save the settings but the camera still has the LED's on. Not sure what to do so I'm asking here???? Thanks for any help!

Hey Dklein,

Sorry to hear you are having this problem. This sometimes happens with Lukas cameras .. I believe the config files are not writing properly and then get overridden by old setting. Best thing to do is format both memory cards from your computer in the lukas viewer. Then adjust the settings how you would like, then save the settings, and you should be good to go!

Let me know how this works for you.

Hey Dklein,

Sorry to hear you are having this problem. This sometimes happens with Lukas cameras .. I believe the config files are not writing properly and then get overridden by old setting. Best thing to do is format both memory cards from your computer in the lukas viewer. Then adjust the settings how you would like, then save the settings, and you should be good to go!

Let me know how this works for you.

Thanks so much for the reply! I did reformat the large SD this morning and then rewrote the settings but I didn't do the small one. Let me try that. I really the cameras and have tried a few that didn't do so well like the mini806 and Blackvue. The one other odd thing I also noticed is that there are settings in the wifi app that are not in the viewer config and vs. versa??

Thanks again for the help!

Thanks so much for the reply! I did reformat the large SD this morning and then rewrote the settings but I didn't do the small one. Let me try that. I really the cameras and have tried a few that didn't do so well like the mini806 and Blackvue. The one other odd thing I also noticed is that there are settings in the wifi app that are not in the viewer config and vs. versa??

Thanks again for the help!

Oh no problem. Formatting the MicroSD card should do the trick. Let me know if it doesn't.

Yah lukas software isn't perfect. But it is modern, easy to use and feature rich. As time goes on, I would expect their software team to clean up a few of the inconsistencies with updates.

Ok so I did format both cards and she still speaks English and the LED's are on. I formatted, initialized and then set both cards to the identical settings and to speak French (maybe I should try Korean...j/k). The settings are indeed saved on the cards. When I reopen the program, they look fine. Is there something else I'm overlooking like power off the camera and reinsert cards with power off or something silly like that? It's like the settings are embedded in the camera's internal memory and I need to disturb it somehow to reread the SD cards.

Thanks again Robert if you have any ideas??

Just one other note. I redid both cards and inserted without power. no change. So I visited the camera via wifi with both cards in and changed one setting mph to kph. Saved it and it camera took it visually. I could see Kph. Then I looked at both cards vis the viewer program and the small one still had the original config but the large one was restored to defaults with Kph chosen. :(

So if I try on the wifi app to disable the security LED or disable the G-sensor, the app dies. I've contacted ProCom, the USA dealer, and they sent me some ambiguous info back that was somehow translated from Korean. Anyways, I the thought I had it figured out by changing the settings in Lukas Viewer program which saves the setting to the SD card config file. That does indeed save the settings but the camera still has the LED's on. Not sure what to do so I'm asking here???? Thanks for any help!

Dklein,

Please try reformatting both the small and large SD card again via the Lukas Viewer or your computer.
The Micro (small) SD card should not contain a config file and should be left as is after you have formatted it.
As you have previously done, select your desired settings on the Lukas viewer (LED light off) and save the config file only to the large SD card.

When the SD cards are placed back into the camera and the camera is powered on; if the settings are not immediately applied to your camera, please change and save the settings again now via your smartphone and power down the device after ~25 seconds.

The setting should be applied when the camera is powered back up.

I hope this solves your problem!

Just one other note. I redid both cards and inserted without power. no change. So I visited the camera via wifi with both cards in and changed one setting mph to kph. Saved it and it camera took it visually. I could see Kph. Then I looked at both cards vis the viewer program and the small one still had the original config but the large one was restored to defaults with Kph chosen. :(
Oh and I think you should try re-flashing the camera as well. Make sure you are flashing the newest firmware Fi13.
Down load Fi13 B-type here Download

Ok well here's the deal. I reinstalled firmware with the wifi app. I couldn't figure out how to do it otherwise. No change after that. I checked both cards config files and they were still as I wanted them. So in a desperate move, I borrowed a co-workers Android phone thinking Koreans must like Androids and not so much iPhones. I installed the app and it worked beautifully. Pretty funny though listening to her talk Korean :)

Thanks again for the help Robert!! Not sure what they are thinking over there :)

Here's what I got from them.

블루투스 관련
모든 전자기기에 전파가 발생하고 그러한 기기들끼리 상호간섭이 생길 수 있듯이
마찬가지로 하나의 핸드폰에서 블루투스와 함께 사용할 시 블랙박스 와이파이 수신환경에도 영향이 있을 수 밖에 없습니다.
It is generated and propagated to all electronic devices, as this can cause interference among these devices
As inevitably it is affected even when the black box receives Wi-Fi and Bluetooth in a single environment for use with mobile phones.
앱 관련
1) When I tap the Lukas SD icon, it points to the "Lukas" folder on the card, which is empty.
사용자가 클릭한Lukas SD icon에서는 ‘사용자가 직접 Download하여 핸드폰 내부 메모리로 저장이 된 영상만’이 보여집니다.
사용자가 따로 저장한 영상이 없으면 물론 그 공간은 empty가 됩니다.
The user clicks Lukas SD icon ' Download user only the image directly to a cell phone is stored in the internal memory, is shown.
If the video that you have stored separately as well as the space will be empty.
2) "Lukas" and it switches to "SD" and displays all of the files.
두번째로 누른 Lukas에서는 ‘현재 블랙박스 메모리카드에 저장되어져있는 영상’들이 나열이 됩니다.
즉 앱 메인 화면에서 Lukas Connection을 누르는것과 같은 기능 입니다.
The second click will list Lukas ' image that been stored in the memory card is currently black box ' are .
That is the same function as pressing Lukas Connection from the main app screen

Wow hmmm. I am going to have to test this with my 7950 and iPhone 6.
Problem is that I am running iOS 9 Beta, and the Lukas (along with many other) apps crash a lot.

Ill let Lukas know that there is a problem with iOS Lukas app saving camera settings if I can reproduce the error.

Omg.. That really is such practical help.. *insert sarcasm*.
This is exactly why were are hear supporting Lukas for all english world customers haha.

I'm using iPhone 6 with iOS 8.3. Just fyi

The phone that worked was a brand new Samsung S6 Edge. (Samsung = Korean..... Duh) :)

I think I had a similar problem. I could get the security LEDs to shut off, but I couldn't adjust the time zone or make the voice guidance turn off using the iOS app. I tried it using the Andriod app instead and everything works great.

Back