Charge light stays on

kentkruzer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve noticed that past couple of times out in the car the blue charge light is remaining on. Never goes to red which is a PITA at night as the blue LED is bright.
I’ve connected it to a charger indoors and still staying on after 12-hours.
Do you think it’s time to return it to Halfords? It’s only a couple of months old.

Is it supposed to be red when charged? My wife's seems to be blue all the time as well.

Yes, up until last week it would be blue for a minute or 2 after turning on and then flash red slowly to indicate recording. The red flash is also not an intense distracting red unlike the blue!
I should add that it records OK and I'm not using the Parking function, so it is off when ignition is off.

Rang NB and they said battery faulty so took it back to Halfords who replaced it.

Should be blue when charging then the blue LED should go out when fully charged.

Red LED means on, red flashing LED means recording.

You can have blue and red together, the blue can sometimes overpower the red.

How long does it last after a full charge of 2 hours @M8TJT

Glad its sorted @kentkruzer

Not tried it Tiffany. I'll give it a go tomorrow if I can figure out how. ATM it's hard wired and switches on and off with the ignition. It might be turning red flashing, but I don't drive HWMBO's car that often, and even when I do, I don't notice the colour of the LED. It does however record OK.

After reading this can you tell me if you got a satisfactory answer, I’m having the same problems I’m on my second 312gw the first suffering this problem after around 3weeks now the replacement which is now just out of warranty and having been returned to Nextbase for repair is still showing the blue charging light all the time, I’ve spoken to Nextbase I’ve emailed them and still can’t get a proper answer and now they seem to be ignoring my emails, I recently bought a 112 to use as a rear cam and that behaves like the 312 did when first bought, the blue light goes out and it flashes red or mauve, I’ve sent them photos of battery status on the 312 which says the battery is full so why is it charging all the time. Can someone please help me because my wife turns it off at night because it’s so distracting.

A bit of electrical tape would sort the wife's problem.

Is it on the passenger side partially hidden by the rear view mirror ? I had my 412 over there and never had any issues with the charging status light.

True but after paying good money for something why should you need to resort to tape.
You shouldn't of course. I was just offering one possible short term solution to your problem until someone comes up with a long term solution.

Is it on the passenger side partially hidden by the rear view mirror ? I had my 412 over there and never had any issues with the charging status light.
Yes it’s fitted behind rear view mirror, I get a blue backlight to the mirror light bounces off mirror onto screen and dash but my wife who sit quite a bit lower than me due to her size gets the full effect of the blue light. When I first got the camera the blue light used to go off and only came on for short periods leaving us with a small unobtrusive little red led. It’s been back to Nextbase who say there’s nothing wrong with it but if the battery status is saying full battery why does it need to charge all the time, it’s annoying if it didn’t do it when new why does it do it now?

To conclude my problem, after contacting Nextbase by email and phone the matter has now been sorted out, as the camera was now about10days out of warranty they did a swap out for me and I now have a camera which works like it used to do when it was new with the blue light going out and the smaller red light coming on after just a couple of minutes.

I had this problem with my new 212g few weeks ago, when it was charging & recording at the same time the blue charge light would only flicker & the red record light would flash as it should do. Replaced it for a new unit & it would now stay on solid blue & the red would flash as it should do, as on the 212g the blue light is positioned above the red light

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S 312GW 4
M 312GW 1
A 312GW 2
N 312GW 10
Back