Chasing cops

Jimbo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Lukas LK-7900 Ace
I got an Eagle cam as a rear cam, but as my lukas is going back to the manufacturers on a warranty repair. I tried it as a front cam hmm supposed to be 1080P which imho it is no where near.

Interesting in that u didn't seem to slow down..or maybe u did but it wasn't noticeable. Here in the Colonies, when opposing cars see an emergency vehicle, they have to pull over & stop, just like the traffic that's in front of the cops/fire, etc.

That stretch of road is 60mph in the UK :)

The filming vehicle was not impeding the progress of the emergency vehicle....the white renault van and the red skoda car however earlier in the clip would have had to pull over once the the police car caught up with them. Unless of course one of the said vehicles was being pursued in which case things could have got interesting.....Ipol

Here in Calif. USA, the law reads (I put the key words in red)
V C Section 21806 Authorized Emergency Vehicles

21806. Upon the immediate approach of an authorized emergency vehicle which is sounding a siren and which has at least one lighted lamp exhibiting red light that is visible, under normal atmospheric conditions, from a distance of 1,000 feet to the front of the vehicle, the surrounding traffic shall, except as otherwise directed by a traffic officer, do the following:

(a) (1) Except as required under paragraph (2), the driver of every other vehicle shall yield the right-of-way and shall immediately drive to the right-hand edge or curb of the highway, clear of any intersection, and thereupon shall stop and remain stopped until the authorized emergency vehicle has passed.

(2) A person driving a vehicle in an exclusive or preferential use lane shall exit that lane immediately upon determining that the exit can be accomplished with reasonable safety.
There r exemptions for divided highways etc & common sense also plays into it, even if not articulated in the law.

in the situation displayed in the posted video, a Calif driver in the opposing lane would have had to stop or slow down (if safe from getting rear-ended), & pull as far to the shoulder as possible.

The logic behind this is that u don't know what the emergency vehicle is going to do....is it going to turn in front of u?.....is it passing a car that is stopped & needs to pull into the opposing lane?....etc...etc...

unfortunately given the current standards of driving..... common sense is severely lacking.....aka.... non existent...... in a high percentage of drivers today (or any other day for that matter ):eek: Ipol

Back