Cheap dashcam required

Primus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all , I’m changing my car soon, ( hopefully) and have decided to let the camera go with the car, I have a nextbase 522 front and rear camera, I will be fitting the new 622 when it comes out ( June I think) so I need something just to cover me until I can get the new cam, does anyone have any suggestions as to what to get.? Something not too expensive but will do the job, the cam is hardwired in my current car, but the temporary cam would probably just plug into the power socket, I’d have the new one hardwired,

Blueskysea B1W is a decent and cheap dashcam, and it will probably still be working fine for emergency use when you next replace your Nextbase, and the time after, and the time after...

If you are after a 4K camera, consider some of the other options, like the Viofo A129 Pro. It is available now instead of ????

Thanks I’ll have a look, I originally had a mi witness cam which was good ( until it failed) and I think they’re no longer made, so I had to get a camera quickly as I was going on holiday, so I chose a nextbase, after a few initial issues it seems ok now, I am toying with getting a blackvue but not sure if I can justify spending so much on a camera, it seems that judging by the posts on here, all cameras have their issues..

it seems that judging by the posts on here, all cameras have their issues..
This is the place that people come to discuss problems, and yes there will be a few issues with every model. Sometimes minor issues get a lot of discussion while major problems don't, the better cameras tend to get the most discussion since people want them solved instead of just giving up on the camera, so don't get misled by the amount of posts!

No cam is without issues of one kind or another. The trick is to get a cam that doesn't have issues when used the way you will be using it. The cheapest cam I can recommend is the 70Mai. It can take some effort to get English firmware set up and not so good at night, but does good daytime and the price is amazingly low.

Phil

I’ll have a look at those cams, thanks guys, it will only be temporary until I can get a better one, but it will be handy as an emergency cam should anything happen to the main one

Back