Cheap Magnetic/Suction Cup Mounts for Mobius/SG9665GC/A118/B40 [Updated June 14, 2015]

USDashCamera

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I initially set out to make a portable mount for the sg9665gc and used a 3m adhesive but I did not like the fact that it made my mount unusable for a radar detector (the purpose of the mount I am using) and this is actually why the metal part is bent (from removing the 3M adhesive base plate).

I went the magnetic mount route and its worked awesome. the Suction cup mount is expensive but very versatile.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00CYSHUG8

Check below for a update video with a cheaper mount:

Added a new video on skipping the magnet and making a suction cup mount for the SG9665GC/A118/B40 with the same radar detector mount:

Also made this video to show what I keep in that clear box:

Last edited:

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
Have a cheaper alternative to the $30 mount:

Amazon sell it for $8:

Interesting, but those two small clear suction cup mounts don't have the secondary lever to keep it sucked to the window extra strong/longer. (not sure it would "hold up") I guess this would be good for a rental car on vacation etc. (good thing the GC comes with a spare mount too) It's too bad the good one is so expensive, I can't find the source.

OP
USDashCamera

USDashCamera

Reaction score
Country
United States
Interesting, but those two small clear suction cup mounts don't have the secondary lever to keep it sucked to the window extra strong/longer. (not sure it would "hold up") I guess this would be good for a rental car on vacation etc. (good thing the GC comes with a spare mount too) It's too bad the good one is so expensive, I can't find the source.
Yea, the main reason I did this was to use in my work truck which is just temporary anyways.

you can always still use the standard suction cup mount for the mobius, but honestly I hate them. i like how these can get the lens right up against the glass.

I did not test this cheaper mount with the SG9665GC/A118C though but considering my radar detector is heavier it should work fine.

coropete

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am copying this one but I will be using a different hardware. Thanks for the video

coropete

Reaction score
Country
United States
how does one upload pics on this site?

coropete

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here are my pic. I had my son watch your video and told him to make one. We used 4 magnets from his supply. He is an EE major.:) We also have an old bracket from garmin and thats what we used to affix a thin metal to it. The challenge we have is which glue to use. We used rubber cement. Hoping it will hold. Its not as nice as your but it works. I made him cut the edges of the circle to make it more smooth. I think the kid wants me to bleed to death. LOL I will upload more pics later in the car. WP_20150531_002.jpg WP_20150531_003.jpg

Last edited:

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Nice

When you apply an adhesive base to the window, hold the bracket base firmly against the glass for around 2 minutes, then wait 20 minutes before you bare any weight and or attach the camera to the glass. The tape has a 50% bond after 20 minutes, 100% bond takes 72 hours, if you put the camera on earlier than 20 minutes there's an increased chance it will fall off after a while.

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
. the Suction cup mount is expensive but very versatile.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00CYSHUG8

Maybe this one is a good option, lower cost and similar design.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01KP4X3UO
41wyj7u2PSL.jpg