Cheap QuadCopter for Yi

Userdeletedqqq

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
Hey guys been looking for a cheap quadcopter (under 100usd) that I could mod cheaply to hold the Yi.
Found a few but I'm not sure they night be able to hold the weight.
Thanks

This one is $17.99 but might be a bit under powered ;)

http://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_115680.html

cleardot.gif

Hey,

i've ordered a Tarantula X6 Quadrocopter a few days ago. That one should be able to carry a Xiaomi Yi and make some Video.
If you want I can post pictures of it when I get it.

Hey, i'm looking for affordable quadcopter too, maybe under $100. I need a quadcopter that can carry Xiaomi Yi and a gimbal. Any suggestion ?

Syma X8C as mentioned earlier can carry Xiaomi Yi, but not so good if you want gimbal as well. No way you can get all these setup for under $100 (excluding the Yi).
I am currently setting up my Cheerson CX-20 with a GoPro-clone (Blackview Hero 2) as well as a 2-axis gimbal. Total cost about $400 Australian dollars, not counting the Hero 2 action cam as I received it for free.

Hey, i'm looking for affordable quadcopter too, maybe under $100. I need a quadcopter that can carry Xiaomi Yi and a gimbal. Any suggestion ?
It's the same question as above... Can't you read the answers?

Syma X8C as mentioned earlier can carry Xiaomi Yi, but not so good if you want gimbal as well. No way you can get all these setup for under $100 (excluding the Yi).
I am currently setting up my Cheerson CX-20 with a GoPro-clone (Blackview Hero 2) as well as a 2-axis gimbal. Total cost about $400 Australian dollars, not counting the Hero 2 action cam as I received it for free.
Ok, thanks.

Can you please elaborate how you attached the Yi to the MJX X600?
The simple, easy way. Velcro. Solid with no jello effect.
Hooks on the bottom of the battery door, loops on the bottom of the camera. Then, invert the image in the camera so the view is properly oriented.
My first flight here.
Please pardon the poor piloting... I don't get out much...

Last edited:
The simple, easy way. Velcro. Solid with no jello effect.
Hooks on the bottom of the battery door, loops on the bottom of the camera. Then, invert the image in the camera so the view is properly oriented.
My first flight here.
Please pardon the poor piloting... I don't get out much...
You did much better than when I first tried the Syma X5C.
That one doesn't have headless mode and as soon as the orientation flipped, need to rethink all directions. I crashed more than it flew. :D

What's the difference in battery time with/without the camera?

Besides the MJX X600 should the MJX X101 also could carry the Xiaomi Yi.
The X101 ia a big sized quad and can carry more than 500gr.
Both use coreless motors for load efficiency.
Because they heat up more, maybe the lifespan is shorter with more payload.
Same test was done for v666n and Tarantula X6.
The X6 could lift more than 200gr. Just enough for the Yi and lightweight gimbal.

Nine minutes with the camera, eleven minutes +or- without.
Check out the super low price I found at GearBest in China. Watch out for shipping charges, though. They're selling fast!
http://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_193049.html
Thanks.

I'm a noob at quadcopters and the likes, so one question, can you remotely trigger the Yi to start/stop recording and take photos or do you have to start the recording before take-off?

Thanks.

I'm a noob at quadcopters and the likes, so one question, can you remotely trigger the Yi to start/stop recording and take photos or do you have to start the recording before take-off?
The camera connects to your mobile phone thru the mobile app (Android or IOS) via WiFi and you can control the camera to preview the scene and to start/stop recording - up to about 100 meters depending on WiFi signal. You already know about the app, right? So, anything you can attach the camera to becomes an imaging platform. Car, plane, helicopter, boat, multi-rotor, robot, yourself, your dog, your wife, your girlfriend, someone else's girlfriend... :)

Last edited:
I've got the SYMA X5C, but find out that many videos says it can not lift YiCam easily. Maybe remove the cover of YiCam is a good idea to lose some weight.

Back