Ru cp

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Do you know this cheap dashcam ?

20160129085959_79432.jpg

Any reviews or opinions ?

You will probably get what you pay for.

Hmmm... I like that it is LCD-free. That is my favorite form factor. I have two that 'shape'.

You will probably get what you pay for.

I prefer the phrase: 'You don't get what you don't pay for' because it allows for occasions when you don't get what you pay for. :)

I prefer the phrase: 'You don't get what you don't pay for' because it allows for occasions when you don't get what you pay for. :)
Another that's appropriate more often than not is "Only the rich can afford to buy cheap".

On the other end of the scale is " a poor man always buys twice.":) Most cams come with a statement to only use the power cord that comes with the camera. That one doesn't even have a connector by the looks of things.

Ahh yes, the old bargain bin.....

Any reviews or opinions ?

the short answer is it's a rubbish product, at the price though I don't think anyone should really be surprised at that, to be fair nothing at this price is acceptable in either quality or performance, you really do need to spend more to get something that will do the job

Hey, at least it's 1080p! A fuel station near me is selling dashcams at £19.99 each and they have HQ resolution, which, acording to the box, is 720x480. I feel sorry for anyone who buys one hoping it will be a decent product. But, it does have several IR LEDs on the front for super night vision, so, who knows? :p

Hey, at least it's 1080p! A fuel station near me is selling dashcams at £19.99 each and they have HQ resolution, which, acording to the box, is 720x480. I feel sorry for anyone who buys one hoping it will be a decent product. But, it does have several IR LEDs on the front for super night vision, so, who knows? :p

If I recall correctly, this cam isn't real 1080p even because the Novatek 96220 is interpolated...

If I recall correctly, this cam isn't real 1080p even because the Novatek 96220 is interpolated...

Just checked and you are right, the OV9712 is a 720p sensor. I'm not surprised to be honest at this price. Still beats that toy at my local fuel station though.

Hmmmm ...
Cam should have Micro SD card slot ..
Cam runs 12v
This type of cam is often fed into a Double Din stereo with Video input ..
These cams are usually 720 ( not aware of any real 1080 ones )

Now there was a version with LCD that ran 5v VIA USB , selling for $30 something ...
Not sure what happened to them ..
Most were 720 , but there was rumor of a real 1080 version existing somewhere .. ( No not a Mini ) Though you could try a mini ... ( More $$ )

Found it ...
Called the GS608

Hmmm... I like that it is LCD-free. That is my favorite form factor. I have two that 'shape'.
The shape is important to the manufacturers, it makes the object easier to insert when the customer sends it back with a covering letter - requesting they put it where the sun doesn't shine!:D

Back