Cheapest place to get the Marcus 3/5 GPS unit?

Blaze9

Reaction score
Country
United States
So the GPS unit on the places I've seen is fairly expensive at over 30 euros. Does anyone know of a good shop selling it for less?

I'm in the US, so is any place is selling it for around 30 USD inc shipping? There's nothing on eBay which I could find, and same w/ Amazon.

Thanks!

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Front&Rear-SH800/ Front 2nd Vico-Opia 2
I believe Spytec is supposed to have it in this week or next, but I don't know the price. Also be aware I think GPS on the 3 will not be enabled until the next firmware update, but i could have misheard.

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam

GJHS

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mobius A & C, SJ4000, M10, Mini 0806, Innovv C3,4, Xiaomi Yi
My mistake, I didn't know parts came in later. How is the Marcus 3? Is it amazing? Planning on posting a review?

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
My mistake, I didn't know parts came in later. How is the Marcus 3? Is it amazing? Planning on posting a review?
It's okay just a little rough around the edges right now. Hopefully a few small things will be fixed soon.

spytec

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
We will not have the GPS mouse until next week. Sorry for the delay.

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Does anyone know if the GPS mouse is magnetic?

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
I would guess no. :) all other GPS antenna i have experienced all have tape/ glue on the back.

But if you have a Little neodymium magnet i assume it will glue in place on the back, i have a fjew of those in assorted sizes, allways good to have around.

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A magnet would likely inhibit the signal
I never thought of that. I thought I seen Techmoan review a GSXXXX (one with a timestamp in big white letters in the top left that took up a lot of the screen) series camera with a magnetic GPS mount and for some reason thought maybe the Marcus series one was magnetic

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A seller on eBay under the name VicoDirect seems to be selling the GPS mouse, but for 60 dollars. They have a website, but it's not listed there.

They also sale a VicoVation branded CPL Filter for 45 dollars. I just bought this set off Amazon for the CPL filter. I have never used any filters before so I hope i bought one that will fit/work correctly.

Seller only has 4 feedbacks at the moment.
Their website also lists the Marcus 5 with a price point of 400 dollars.

Last edited:

cheery3853

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I just emailed Vicovation sales department and they said GPS mouse will be available at first week of May. There are 2 different wire length for GPS: 60cms or 200cms.

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
I just emailed Vicovation sales department and they said GPS mouse will be available at first week of May. There are 2 different wire length for GPS: 60cms or 200cms.
Thanks for the update i'm a little tempted to get one

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Just a bump. Seller VicoDirect is now on Amazon USA selling the Vico branded CPL filter for 40 dollars. The brand I bought from Amazon (Vivitar) seems okay, (and has gone down even further in price. I payed 11 it is down to 9) but i have not had a chance to look at in in depth yet.

VicoDirect also has the GPS mouse on Amazon, but for $45. Still making SpyTec the cheapest place to get it at $35

Last edited: