"Check SD card" unable to format the 128gb card

infinkc

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone ever run into not being able to format an sd card?

Its the blackvue 128gb card.

I tried 2 different computers and one it just says cannot format, the other says its write protected. Tried using windows, and the blackvue app, and the sdformatter program.

tried to contact blackvue and they were not any help, saying the rma process is lengthy and i should just contact the seller instead of trying to rma direct.

Contact the seller. Be aware, Blackvue only warranty SD cards for 6 month. Good luck.

Contact the seller. Be aware, Blackvue only warranty SD cards for 6 month. Good luck.
Amazon was no help, their only option was to return the full item for refund. I dont want to have it un installed just for an sd card.

Item is only 4 months old.

Seems this issue is just like sandisk, where the sd card will lock itself out into read only. Suprised blackvue did this on their sd card.

Seems this issue is just like sandisk, where the sd card will lock itself out into read only. Suprised blackvue did this on their sd card.
It's possible that Blackvue sourced their cards from Sandisk - or - they just happen to function the same way.

You're still under warranty for the SD card, and if there's a problem with it, they have to replace. Try another card to confirm that the camera is OK. Have you tried to format it in the camera? Do you need a 128gb card: try a 64gb.

You're still under warranty for the SD card, and if there's a problem with it, they have to replace. Try another card to confirm that the camera is OK. Have you tried to format it in the camera? Do you need a 128gb card: try a 64gb.

yea have been using a 64gb card fine. I did try and format using the camera before, it said formatting, then went straight to check sd card. Just a tad upset that its so hard to warranty the thing right now and i paid extra for a 128card, its more effort than buying a new card.

Anyone ever run into not being able to format an sd card?

Its the blackvue 128gb card.

I tried 2 different computers and one it just says cannot format, the other says its write protected. Tried using windows, and the blackvue app, and the sdformatter program.

tried to contact blackvue and they were not any help, saying the rma process is lengthy and i should just contact the seller instead of trying to rma direct.
Not trying to be a smartass, but the SD adaptors for microSD cards have a little slider switch on the side that makes them read only. If you're not aware of that, it can trip you up.

Good point from Paul. If you've not been using the adaptor, demand a new card.

Attachments

• 81CPOXvu-cL._SL1500_.jpg
    81CPOXvu-cL._SL1500_.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 8
Back