Check SD card

Does the camera run on a loop? meaning it deletes oldest videos to keep recording.

• Yes

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No you wasted your money.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nic Berthoud

Reaction score
Country
United States
So Ive been looking at different threads about the "check sd card"

Do i really have to reformat the card every time it gets full?

The blackvue app on my computer doesn't work
I cant complete the format when i stick the card in my computer with an SD card adapter

Its really annoying that i spent ll this money on such an inconvenience and it doesn't even work. what did you guys do to fix this?

Any links or advice is appreciated, Thanks!

Edit: by the way i have the 650 2 CH

is the card one of their Blackvue/Pittasoft branded cards?

I'm not sure if its branded by blackvue or pittasoft, The best way i can describe it, is this
Came with the dashcam, already inside if i recall correctly.
its got ADATA writing on it with a silver stripe.
64 Gb

ok, it's an Adata brand card not one of theirs, if you talk to them you'll probably find they are going to suggest using the proper card, first thing you should try anyway

ok, it's an Adata brand card not one of theirs, if you talk to them you'll probably find they are going to suggest using the proper card, first thing you should try anyway

ok, how can i find the card that will work nicely? what do i do with the new card? just put it in the camera, or should i expect to mess with it on the computer first?

and about the card i have now, is it a lost cause? because i cant even get into it

sounds like the card you have has failed if you can't access it at all

the Sandisk high endurance cards seem to be ok in this model, if you ask Blackvue though they'll generally only recommend their own cards

sounds like the card you have has failed if you can't access it at all

the Sandisk high endurance cards seem to be ok in this model, if you ask Blackvue though they'll generally only recommend their own cards

okay, thanks a lot for your input

Hi Nic

When you get your replacement card, put it into the camera and press the wifi button until you hear the beeps. The card will be formatted and then initialised (make sure there's power to the camera during the whole process). Page 8 in the manual will take you through the steps.

If the app on your PC still doesn't work with the new card, go to http://www.autoblackbox.com.au/contact-us/downloads/.

You can download the app and a formatter from that site, and also the manual if you need it. The manual would have been on your SD card, if you'd been able to access it.

Good luck

Hi Nic

When you get your replacement card, put it into the camera and press the wifi button until you hear the beeps. The card will be formatted and then initialised (make sure there's power to the camera during the whole process). Page 8 in the manual will take you through the steps.

If the app on your PC still doesn't work with the new card, go to http://www.autoblackbox.com.au/contact-us/downloads/.

You can download the app and a formatter from that site, and also the manual if you need it. The manual would have been on your SD card, if you'd been able to access it.

Good luck
this helped me and fixed my problems. thank you

Thanks for the feedback Nic. What replacement SD card did you get?

Back