Check your SD Card error

blu391

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hi all, need your advice on this problem.

Everyday without fail, the camera will prompt me "check your sd card" error atleast once. The camera will then restart itself and everything will work normally again. Recently, it started to get worst. The camera will out of no where prompt me that the camera is restarting.

Upon checking the system file, I realised that there were some irregularities. I'm currently using a Sandisk 32GB ULTRA class 10 memory card. I reformat the card every week using the recommended software.

Anyone can help me on this problem? Tried contacting my local dealer but they are unable to help. There sent the log files to blackvue in korea but had yet to get back to me.

Is this camera set a lemon set?

Hope to receive help and advise from everyone.

Thanks so much.

@ blu It may not be a camera problem how old is the sd card they dont last forever or may have been damaged at some stage, also there is a chance that the card is a fake so its best to explore every avenue. Hope this helps regards Ipol

Hi Ipol, thanks so much for your reply. The card is barely 8 months old and the problem persist when i'm using the memory card that came with the camera. I've been playing around and switching memory cards but the problem persist. Both cards are being formatted once a week using SD card formatter.

Ok well not having the blackview camera I cant help on that score hopefully a blackview user will be able to offer some advice to you Ipol

Change the adapter you are using they cause more problems than anything else I have several and found the little Sandisk ones like in this listing are the best https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/281032823518.

Have had similar problems that were fixed when I changed adapters.

Logically if you have the same trouble with several cards this will be your problem

Hi, thanks for your reply :)

Thanks for your recommendations too:) however, like what u've said, I guess there's something wrong... The camera will also prompt me the error message when I use the original memory card given by blackvue...

In fact, just yesterday, the camera did not even record anything and keep restarting by its own.

Very disappointed and frustrated with this...

If you have used several cards and formatted or updated them using the same adapter it is logical that one of two things are crook Your adapter or the computer. Presumably you are using a Windoze machine and not a rotten Apple LOL

The easiest thing to try to fix it is buy one of those Sandisk adapters I have two and have never had a bad card since I have been using them I have several cards including the one that came with the camera. I mostly use a 32 Gig Samsung class 10 or a 16 gig Sandisk (genuine) in the rear camera.

It sounds like your data on the card is corrupted and its not the cameras fault if the program is crook.

Otherwise you have a fake Sandisk card and there are lots of them out there.

Google Fake Sandisk and look for the test program for finding out if they are real or not.

Thanks so much for your advise. Yes, I'm using a windows machine with windows 7.

Will give it a try and see if it works...just hope it does.

Anyway, anyone using the SD card formatter? Every time I do full format, I can't seem to use the full erase function. I have to use the full overwrite function.

Anyone has this problem? I suspect that it is due to the full overwrite format that is causing this problem.

Thanks so much for your advise. Yes, I'm using a windows machine with windows 7.

Will give it a try and see if it works...just hope it does.

Anyway, anyone using the SD card formatter? Every time I do full format, I can't seem to use the full erase function. I have to use the full overwrite function.

Anyone has this problem? I suspect that it is due to the full overwrite format that is causing this problem.

are you using a card reader, built in card slot on the PC, not connected via a USB hub etc?

Nope. I'm using the microsd card reader provided by blackvue. Is this the cause of it? Apparently, my laptop built in card reader can't read anything above 16gb.

You cant do that sort of an erase due to the type of cards we use They don't allow it.

Would put $10 on it being the adapter guaranteed

Nope. I'm using the microsd card reader provided by blackvue. Is this the cause of it? Apparently, my laptop built in card reader can't read anything above 16gb.

try another reader, they are a point of failure and possible corruption of the file system

How many times do we have to tell you to buy another ADAPTER . I spelt it out in a great big post which it seems you haven't read or taken any notice of

The READER is the bit in the computer the ADAPTER is the bit that you put the micro SD card in and put that in the computers reader. Get a new one and I bet it will fix it. Get one of the ones I posted a link to You an buy one in a camera or computer shop for about $10

If not try formatting and reinstalling on another computer if yours cant read a decent capacity card

What is the model of the computer a Commodore 64 LOL

Last edited:
Yes...will definitely buy a new adapter for it:)

Haha! My com is 5 years old...so back then the built in reader is just....crap..

Thanks all for ur input:) hope this will solve all the prob!:)

I bought a new card reader a couple of weeks ago Just plugs into an internal USB connector Has 2 USB slots and all the different cards Cost $25 AU

Its not the reader its the program in the computer that does that Update your programs. The reader is just a connector between the card and the computer. Like a letter box if you like.

The postman (you) puts the letter (card) in the box and the little man who lives in the house (computer) gets it and reads it. If he is old and out of date he will misinterpret what you have written and give you the wrong reply and so the camera wont work ROFLMAO

Hahaha! Nice one! Thanks so much for ur detailed explanation! Will try all the recommended actions n see if it helps...just hope for the best now

Hi all, just realized something. The camera has been working fine with "normal" recording quality. Previously, I've been using the HIGHEST recording quality which give a bit rate of 10mbps. But now, ever since i reduced it to normal quality recording which give only 5mbps bit rate, the camera has no check SD card error at all.

Just wondering, currently, my 32GB sandisk SD card has a speed of 30mb/s...is it too slow for the highest quality recording that when the memory card erase and write the recording, it will somehow jam up the whole system?? Because, as stated, normal recording quality doesn't have this problem.

Any advice from anyone on this matter? If it is the memory card speed being too slow for the recording bit rate, then most probably I would need to buy a faster memory card. Do note that the stock SD card do give the same problem and after changing the recording quality to normal, it does not have such problem at all too.

Thanks in advance.

What class is the SD card I use a Samsung 32G Class 10 and haven't had any trouble and camera is set on highest quality

According to a Google search a class 10 only has a write speed of 10MB/sec but this from a camera forum

...So the Class 10 card is able to write at almost 19 MB/sec ( 152 Mb/sec ), while the class 6 card is able to write at 17 MB/sec ( 136 Mb/sec ). Both of these cards read at 20 MB/sec ( 160 Mb/sec ).

Last edited:
Hi hillbill, I use a sandisk class 10 30mb/s card...haha! Maybe it's time for me to switch to Samsung! Anyway, gotten myself a new card reader as recommended by all above...shall monitor the situation on the error message. Just find it weird that before I reformat, I did a trial and error thingy and realized that by switching to normal quality, no error for the past 2 days. Haha

Is it a genuine SanDisk though If you paid less than $30 for it I bet its not and that could be your trouble. I have bought Sandisk cards off supposedly reputable sellers only to find out they were fakes. As I said above a SanDisk Teardrop Adapter will fix it. The little one that came with my 500 works Ok as well The older one that needed an SD adapter as well wasn't so good.

Back