"Check your SD card"

finevueuser

Reaction score
Country
Australia
My Fine Vue CR-500HD was working fine. Suddenly the voice started saying "check your SD card". The card had barely four videos on it, because I'd emptied video and normal the night before. Ive plugged the camera into a laptop, and as far as I can tell the SD card if ok. There is no help in "Trouble shooting." Any experience with this?

Some cameras can be set to remind you to check the card, or to reformat it, at regular intervals. Perhaps your camera is doing this?

If you want to check the card, reformat it in the camera then run the utility 'h2testw' which does a write and read check. Don't forget to reformat it again before using it.

TonyM..thanks I'll try that. I put a replacement card in and it seems to be working. The camera gets pretty hot in the Aussie summer, so maybe I've cooked the card over the four years. We'll see.

TonyM..thanks I'll try that. I put a replacement card in and it seems to be working. The camera gets pretty hot in the Aussie summer, so maybe I've cooked the card over the four years. We'll see.
four years, memory cards aren't red wine, they don't get better with age, if you got four years out of it you've done well

:eek: 4 years, thats pretty good, not least if it is a regular memory card, with numbers like that i would just go and buy a new memory card.

Back