Checklist before installation - F770

JayBee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I have finally bitten the bullet and am about to purchase the F770. It will come with a 32GB card and I am going to have it installed professionally. I have checked with the installer if they will fit a Cellink B battery too and they have agreed to do this free of charge. I just have a few questions before I finalise everything:

1. Is there any wiring I need extra to make sure that this is fully hardwired in? I am thinking no cigarette lighter connectors at all. I saw the other post about buying a cigarette lighter plug for fitting.
  2. I did however wonder how useful it would be to take out the Cellink and be able to charge it indoors; is this necessary?
  3. I have purchased Cellink battery and this 128GB Lexar card; should it be ok? https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B012PLTZBQ
  4. Does anyone have any recommendation as to where is best to fit the Cellink? I have heard reports of it interfering with DAB. I don't have it yet but planned to get it again in the future. Could I site the battery at the rear of the vehicle? Honda Accord Tourer 8th Gen.
Any feedback welcome please :)

How did you get on with this? The f770 and cellink are what I want. Who installed it for you? Thanks.

I have purchased Cellink battery and this 128GB Lexar card; should it be ok? https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B012PLTZBQ

I was a proponent of the LEXAR 128GB Cards until this past week.
The one which was operating in my F770 since 10/16 started returning errors and would not format.
I purchased two new LEXAR from AMAZON, but it will not work.
The Item Number for the Card that you linked is "LSDMI128BBEU633A". I do not have any data on that Part Number, but I do know that the original 633x that I had was a LSDMI128B1NL633R. There is a "newer" model of the card which is a LSDMI128BBNL633A.
I ordered two of the LSDMI128BBNL633A and they did not work.
It will be trial and error to see if the P/N you ordered will work.

Good luck, an dplease post if that P/N works.

RodeoGeorge

Yes, seems like the latest batch of 633x don't work, not sure if they changed something about the manufacturing but someone on dashcamtalk tested it to be slower than before?
I'm using a Samsung EVO+ 128GB but it's over a year old now so I'm not sure how much longer I have with this card. There's also a lot of Samsung knockoffs out there but I bought this one from BestBuy so I'm fairly confident it's a real one

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J F770 18
J F770 17
Back