Chesapeake Bay Bridge at Dusk

Nice video. I noticed lane markings I've never seen before. What is the significance of the solid double yellow plus solid white lane markings separating the left lane from those on the right?

Travel direction changes routinely on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge during the summer months with heavy beach-bound traffic Fridays and heavy traffic returning on Sunday.

Travel direction changes routinely on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge during the summer months with heavy beach-bound traffic Fridays and heavy traffic returning on Sunday.
I do not like driving over large bodies of water, so surf time would not work for me. At least with that system they are trying to restore some order to the weekend. Thanks for the info I did not know about that bridge.

Just after sunset tonight, heading west toward Annapolis. Video cropped and leveled in Final Cut Pro X.

Is the above video filmed on an OPIA2?
The quality doesn't appear to be up to the usual standard in this clip, imo. What resolution was used for this? Usually registration plates can be read easily using an OPIA 2 ... not in this though - on my iMac computer.

Last edited:
Yes, recorded on an Opia2. Resolution took a hit due to the crop, partly necessary to straighten the image. The camera was not level.

Back