"Chinese" ActionCams, Can you Suggest me One of the selected?

DoloresCam

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Hi!

I want to purchase an Action Camera so that I can record some of my motorbike trails.
I'm not really sure what to buy considering I'm no Pro in tech gadgets. All I want is a Camera that is super resistant so, it needs to be water and shock resistant.

I'm also looking for a camera which:
- Can Record at least 1080p video.
- Can Record videos without a lot of distortion (like when you ride on gravel)
- Can be easily attached to any bike support. (or as compatibility with other accessories manufacturers)

My Budget is 350€ (MAX with accessories included) and I need to buy it from any Portuguese store (i’m living in Portugal) because of any RMA issue that might come up.

I think with this budget any GoPro is out of the race...

I've found some "Chinese" brands which seem good in paper like SJCAM and others. This brands have huge price diferences between known ones like sony or GoPro.

Are they worth the risk? From my selection, which one should you choose?

So far I found a website that gathers some Portuguese shops. I have already sorted some cameras that I think might be a solution.

My selection , so far...

Sam's Club (a U.S. membership-only wholesale club) has the GoPro Hero 5 bundled with some accessories for USD $299.00. I have no idea whether they do business in Portugal, but if you have a friend or relative in the U.S. who's a member, I suppose they could ship it to you.

That's a very good price, in my opinion. I paid much more than that when I bought mine. Some other U.S. companies have it for a bit less, but without the accessories.

Richard

Check out the INNOVV C5 if you want a set it and forget it motorcycle operation.

If you want a true multi-purpose Action Camera check out the GitUp Git2P or GitUp G3 / G3 DUO

Sound like a helmet mounted camera are the best option for offroading.

I have never had any problems using my SJ 6 air - SJ 6 Legend or SJ7 Star, and i think they have just fine IQ

this is filmed using the SJ6 AIR

He are riding offroad, so the camera at least got to have good EIS, not sure if that's in any of the dashcam options.
So i would recommend a camera on the helmet top or side, for the additional shock absorption the body have.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W What Should I Buy? 0
Back