Choppy playback in app and freezes after a while - android

andrei80

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hi! Just bought one of these because of it being small, having wifi and decent recording quality. All is (mostly)well, even managed to tuck the long wire away, the USB port in the wired charger was a nice surprise, although the blue light that it emits is WAY too bright.
The app experience is not a great experience, though...found the wifi, connected fine(the phone -P20Pro- complained that theres no internet, but stayed connected). The videos download fine, although quite slow(speed seems about 1-1.5MB/s). The problem appears while trying to view them directly from the camera. First it's ok, but after a while it becomes choppy and if I keep trying to view them , the connection seems to freeze, video freezes, live image freezes, download doesnt work anymore. After cycling power to camera, killing and restarting app it seems to be back in business, but the problem happens again if I try to view videos. Almost a deal breaker for me...

irst it's ok, but after a while it becomes choppy and if I keep trying to view them , the connection seems to freeze, video freezes, live image freezes, download doesnt work anymore.
Android phone cuts off dashcam's WiFi connection automatically. You can get a better experience if you switch airplane mode on your phone!

Will try, although it only does that while viewing the videos, downloading them is ok (albeit slow), no matter how long it takes

Had the chance to try that fix, seems to work, I watched multiple videos, seeked forward and back in them, it was ok. Also, the download went a bit faster and more stable, at around 1.8MB/s

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R B1W 10
P B1W 1
W B1W 63
kylesolid B1W 4
L B1W 10
Back