Choppy playback with FV viewer on PC

mordred

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello - new to the FineVu world. Love the camera (500HD) but hate the player. I can play the videos back just fine via a Mac but on a windows machine (Windows 7) they are choppy.

Any suggestions? I would like to make use of the FineVu player but can't since the videos are not playable.

Thank you.

Hi,

I am using the Finevu Player (3.1.8) at different Win 7 systems (2x64bit and 1x32bit), no problems at all.
Videos running perfect. Sometimes the player hangs and its a little bit annoying to enter the path every time when starting it.
Hopefully Finevu releases a version with more options to configure ;) .

May be you need to reinstall the software. Which version of the player are you using?

Regards

jokiin said:
Not sure if your model is supported but have you tried Registrator Viewer for playback?

I have and I get the same drunken sailor type playback. Must be something about the way the files are encoded. I have tried FV player, Registrator and VLC. None work on my PC. All the videos playback flawlessly on my Mac however, so I must be missing something on the PC side.

FSC830 said:
Which version of the player are you using?Regards

How do I find the version number? There seems to be no options menu on the player.

mordred said:
jokiin said:
Not sure if your model is supported but have you tried Registrator Viewer for playback?

I have and I get the same drunken sailor type playback. Must be something about the way the files are encoded. I have tried FV player, Registrator and VLC. None work on my PC. All the videos playback flawlessly on my Mac however, so I must be missing something on the PC side.

you could try Media Player Classic, sounds codec/hardware related though

jokiin said:
you could try Media Player Classic, sounds codec/hardware related though

I have tried that also and I agree. Loaded the k-lite codec pack and still the same results. Maybe the little Net book can't handle it, but it plays everything else but these.

mordred said:
FSC830 said:
Which version of the player are you using?Regards

How do I find the version number? There seems to be no options menu on the player.

In the lower right corner of the main screen there is the version information (at least when using the v3.1.8). You can download this version from here.
There is also an installation package v2.1 at the Finevu homepage available, if the player in this package is different from the v3.1.8 I dont know, here of course no version ID is shown.

But due to your description in previous posts I guess it is not a player but a pc problem, for what reasons ever...

Regards

FSC830 said:
But due to your description in previous posts I guess it is not a player but a pc problem, for what reasons ever...

Regards

I will give the newest version a try - assuming I am not using it already.

Thank you.

Back