Choppy video.. why? New ddpai mini 2p, new 32gb card.

RoadhawkHD

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello! Just registered to ask if anyone else
Is experiencing choppy video performance.. I see a glitch or a skip literally every second, (either viewing live through wifi on mobile or by playing video from the card, on my laptop.. video is just not smooth. Every video clip I've seen online before buying, displayed very smooth video performance.

What I'm using; New DDPai Mini2P from Amazon and (app formatted and highly recommended by this site); Transcend 32 GB MicroSDHC Class 10 UHS-I/U3 Memory Card with MLC.

I've tried all 3 recording resolutions and shut off almost all options that i can shut off.. still choppy and regular, like a heartbeat... also firmware doesn't appear to be manually updatable.

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.

Last edited:
Hello.. viewing video either live, on my iPhone though ddpai app wifi, (tried 2 different iphones) or by putting my sd card in a laptop (Plugged in, not on battery). Various media players.

Last edited:
Rather than playing the videos from the card try copying them to the hard drive and playing from there. That will go a long way in determining if the problem is the video or something else.

Ok I will try that.. hopefully it will be smooth then.

I've used a roadhawk hd cam for a few years and often play video directly from a card without an issue, so I guess I had the same expectation from this new mini 2P cam.. and now I'm in troubleshooting mode.

Ok I will try that.. hopefully it will be smooth then.

I've used a roadhawk hd cam for a few years and often play video directly from a card without an issue, so I guess I had the same expectation from this new mini 2P cam.. and now I'm in troubleshooting mode.

if the bitrate is higher it might be enough to cause stuttering, different memory cards have varying read speeds also, lots of things can influence the result

if the bitrate is higher it might be enough to cause stuttering, different memory cards have varying read speeds also, lots of things can influence the result
+1,and you can try after you download one or two vid clips to your cellphone local file folder!

So today I tried another micro sd card.. and videos are smooth when played back on laptop.. seems the ddpai 2p doesn't actually work too well with the Transcend Ultimate 633x MLC card, which surprises me from what I read last week but oh well.. thanks for all of your time and replies.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R mini2 4
S mini2 1
roundasapound mini2 11
Back