CHP initiating a ‘traffic break’ to clear road.

Tyestick

Reaction score
Country
United States
(California Highway Patrol), initiating a ‘traffic break’ to clear debris in the road.

Dashcam: VIOFO A119 V3
Firmware: V1.03
VIOFO: CPL Filter

Resolution: 2560x1440P, 30FPS
Bitrate: High

That would be easy for a Danish cop to pull off, as aside for very few places don't have that many lanes.
The main E45 motorway passing by where i live only have 2 lanes, but a bit further south of the #2 largest town here it have just been expanded on to a whopping 3 lanes.

That would be easy for a Danish cop to pull off, as aside for very few places don't have that many lanes.
The main E45 motorway passing by where i live only have 2 lanes, but a bit further south of the #2 largest town here it have just been expanded on to a whopping 3 lanes.

The traffic breaks here in California can be very hazardous. So many lanes to cover. 5 lanes, sometimes 6, and drivers can be extremely impatient and reckless.

This traffic break was early in the afternoon, with minimal traffic.

Yeah looked pretty relaxed for CALI :)
I only saw downtown LA on my 6 hour layover way back in 1990, so no time for the big roads but i did get a little shopping for music in.

That would be easy for a Danish cop to pull off,
Even easier for a UK cop, he just gets the traffic control centre to turn on the big overhead STOP signs, no need to actually drive his vehicle!
Big fine if you drive under the "X". Image also has speed camera measurement lines to check you don't exceed the temporary speed limit signs as you drive under them:

Camera.jpg

We only have LUX items like that on the motorways leading to our capitol, and it is needed over there as the people there are so stupid :)

I think over here in the real Denmark we might have a single roadside LED sign, and if its bad they send out a sign truck to block off a lane.
Though that don't always work with all the phone junkies around.
dcx-74921704-20181210170601

We only have LUX items like that on the motorways leading to our capitol,
I think we have them on all motorways with adequate spacing to allow the traffic to be stopped for debris removal without danger, the ones previous to the "X" would have a "40" and the ones before that a "60". So effectively all roads over 2 lanes and a lot of the 2 lane as well. For 2 lanes the flashing police car lights stradling the lanes should be enough. Normally they just close 1 or 2 lanes.

Back