gt5oh

Reaction score
Country
United States
Has anyone purchased an A118-C from Amazon seller CiBest?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00VLSC3WS
Does anyone know who makes the parts they use? Are they selling re-branded devices?

The reason I ask is because I bought one from this seller back in May 2016 and originally had bad static on the audio and now its developed into a high pitch beep. The audio is now very faint in the background even at full volume and its ruined by a non stop beeping sound. Not sure whats causing this.

I've tried to do a factory reset, reinstall the original firmware, even tried other A118C firmware. Everytime I playback my video the beeping sound is basically all you hear from audio.

Anyone have any ideas?

At that price, that's most likely from the knock off A118 factory. (where they really cut corners & quality to lower the price)

If you want an A118 check out the newer 2017 A118C2 for higher quality and longer lasting results.

Hmm.. Back in May 2016 I got it on Amazon, listed as New for $69.99. I rather not buy a new one if I can get this replaced. I just wanted to know if CiBest is a knock off or legit.

Hmm.. Back in May 2016 I got it on Amazon, listed as New for $69.99. I rather not buy a new one if I can get this replaced. I just wanted to know if CiBest is a knock off or legit.

when you bought it what logo or branding did it have on the display when first powered on?

when you bought it what logo or branding did it have on the display when first powered on?

It was CiBest branded I believe, with Firmware Version B40.20160311.001

I am going to ask them for a replacement.

Post deleted by me due to irrelevance. My apologies!

Phil

Last edited:
Oops- I"ll go back and delete that. I'm in the middle of yet another an insomnia session and my mind is confusing this thread with another one :rolleyes:

Thanks Jokin ;)

Ok so I got my replacement today, and it looks different than the original...why?

Looks at the lens, the fonts, the slits for venting the heat.

quite a few things different there from what I can see, the box is just a public version that they've added their logo to

Back