Circuit schematic needed to power dashcam when parked.

iconman

Reaction score
Country
United States
Right now I have the A118C dashcam hardwired to the car ignition's switch so the dashcam turns on when the car is running and off when the engine is off.

I would like to have another power source i.e power bank to power on the dashcam when the engine is off. Of course I can manually plug the power bank to the dashcam but I would like to have it automated.

I also like to have a toggle switch on the power bank so I can that I can manually switch the dashcam on or off when the engine is off. Can anybody draw up a circuit schematic with relays to accomplish this?

They make a ready to use gadget http://www.blackvue.com/power-magic-pro/ that does what you want to do. I am sure that with a handful of parts and some soldering skill you could make the same. Perhaps.. not as neatly with the options the PMP would provide :)

I'm not sure if I fully understand your question but I will try to answer. I have a power magic pro (PMP) kit that has toggle switches where you can set cut off voltage and time. It comes with 4 wires from your toggle switch box...one with an outlet to plug a camera into, one for your ground wire, one wire for hot fuse when car is off, and one for when the car is on like your ignition...these all can be hidden in my fuse panel and pillar next to windshield. I used an add-a-fuse for both to plug into my fuse panel...most vehicles will have a panel in the interior of the vehicle. If you don't use the add-a-fuse, I've seen guys just wrap the bare wire around the fuse and plug it back it. I cannot remember which fuse I used but you just need a to read your car manual or use a 12v circuit tester to see which fuse is hot when the car is off. Once you have the PMP or any hardware kit you can flip it on or off as you please. My switch box is screwed in just outside my fuse panel under my steering wheel. Hope this helps Gluck

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Dash Cam Discussion 2
Back