Citizens get involved in a police pursuit ... (It was a getaway bike)

Nice tackle by the guy in blue. (y)

I wonder if those vigilantes will get arrested. I thought it was against the law to defend yourself or go after criminals in the UK.

Maybe its a thin line like here, really if you as a civilian make a arrest or detain some one, then he/she should not be harmed.
BUT ! it is quite common for those people to fall up and down stairs before the police arrive, and that's not a problem ;)

I wonder if those vigilantes will get arrested. I thought it was against the law to defend yourself or go after criminals in the UK.
Apparently in that case, the home owner in that case will face no charges
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-43676359

Nice tackle by the guy in blue. (y)
From http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/17/pedestrians-rugby-tackle-knifeman-tries-flee-police-bike-7474196/

It probably wasn’t a coincidence Tarafdar had been stopped with a rugby tackle as he was near the Principality Stadium and Cardiff Blues Stadium at the time.

We can use reasonable force to arrest someone, or help police with an arrest, which the guys in the OP were doing. Killing someone is not reasonable force, so then it has to be investigated to check that it can be classed as self defence or whatever, exactly the same as if the police kill someone while making an arrest - if the police can do it then we can also do it, and it is probably easier for us to get away with going a bit too far!

I just read a news story about other Indian citizens being,,,,,, well im lost for words if the news was true.

I will say it was one of the kind of news that get me to think " OMG they have nuclear weapons too"

Not saying more as it do seem like Danish / Indian relations are on the up from the coal cellar where it have been for a while since India fingered a Dane and asked for his extradition for weapons smuggling arming the Tamil Tigers.

i think my favorite part is how both of the guys who helped didn't stick around and be nosy - they just did the right thing and disappeared into the shadows.

kinda reminds me of a televised police chase somewhere in california... some guy on a motorcycle had evaded the police cars but the news chopper still had him. he had wandered into a slow city area and actually slowed down, and people in nearby shops, who had been watching the chase on the TVs inside, recognized him outside the window and went out and tackled him off his bike and held him till cops arrived. couldn't find the video for it though...

this one is another oldie but goody

I have seen another case where truckers assisted in the capture. in this case, I wonder if the was any damage to the trucks.

Back