Clarification about a129 parked mode

Okdpardak

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've read through most of the threads about parking mode but the conversations are a mix of topics so I'd like to ask for some clarification. This is how I think it works.

Current (as of July 13 2018)
Switch from driving to parked mode - Switches to parked mode when accelerometer doesn't detect movement for X minutes.
When in parked mode and an event occurs - Video is recorded at lower frame rate when motion is detected and switches to higher frame rate if impact is detected.

Future
Switch from driving to parked mode -
Switches to parked mode when car is turned off (no power to ACC wire). 3 wire hardwire solution required.
When in parked mode and an event occurs - Same as current.

Is this correct? Also does the motion detection act as a sort of buffered parking mode where if someone backs out of a space and hits me the lower FPS video will potentially catch the car moving towards me and impacting while the higher FPS video will show what happens after the impact or is there a significant delay between the switch between low FPS and high FPS?

Currently there is a delay of 4-5 seconds where it records nothing going from parking fps mode to full recording mode after the g sensor is activated.

I think it would be better to stay in fps mode then to lose that 4-5 sec of footage switching modes.

Not sure why there is a such a delay. Hopefully a firmware fix can get rid of that 4-5 seconds of nothing then it would be perfect.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I think it would be better to stay in fps mode then to lose that 4-5 sec of footage switching modes.

Can you do that in it's current state? Just turning off the G-sensor activation and have it only record lower FPS even with impact? Would it still lock the file?

That switching delay is really the only thing keeping me from switching to the A129. I wouldn't mind lower FPS video as long as I can capture the whole event.

Can you do that in it's current state? Just turning off the G-sensor activation and have it only record lower FPS even with impact? Would it still lock the file?

That switching delay is really the only thing keeping me from switching to the A129. I wouldn't mind lower FPS video as long as I can capture the whole event.

Not that I'm aware of. As soon as it goes to parking mode g sensor is automatically switched to the highest setting.

Hopefully a firmware fix can get rid of that 4-5 seconds of nothing then it would be perfect.

Shucks. I thought I finally found the camera that fits all my needs. A 5 second delay is a long time after an impact to begin recording. I'd rather have a setting to keep parking fps on all the time and only use the impact trigger to protect the parking fps videos 10 seconds before and after the impact. Even if the delay is reduce to 0 the pre-impact videos would be in a different, unprotected video file than the post-impact video which would make it a minor pain in the butt.

Last edited:
Shucks. I thought I finally found the camera that fits all my needs. A 5 second delay is a long time after an impact to begin recording. I'd rather have a setting to keep parking fps on all the time and only use the impact trigger to protect the parking fps videos 10 seconds before and after the impact. Even if the delay is reduce to 0 the pre-impact videos would be in a different, unprotected video file than the post-impact video which would make it a minor pain in the butt.
We don't know the details of the future version yet, but Viofo are aware of the issue with a switching delay if it happens in the middle of an incident that needs recording, part of the reason for changing the system, need to wait and see what emerges, should be fairly soon...

Just wondering if the A129 will start coming packaged with the 3-wire parking mode power cable after it’s released? Or will it always be an optional accessory?

I've read through most of the threads about parking mode but the conversations are a mix of topics so I'd like to ask for some clarification. This is how I think it works.

Current (as of July 13 2018)
Switch from driving to parked mode - Switches to parked mode when accelerometer doesn't detect movement for X minutes.
When in parked mode and an event occurs - Video is recorded at lower frame rate when motion is detected and switches to higher frame rate if impact is detected.

Future
Switch from driving to parked mode -
Switches to parked mode when car is turned off (no power to ACC wire). 3 wire hardwire solution required.
When in parked mode and an event occurs - Same as current.

Is this correct? Also does the motion detection act as a sort of buffered parking mode where if someone backs out of a space and hits me the lower FPS video will potentially catch the car moving towards me and impacting while the higher FPS video will show what happens after the impact or is there a significant delay between the switch between low FPS and high FPS?

I hope that what you have listed for the "Future" method for switching to parked mode ("hardwire solution required") would still work in my situation...I'm using an adapter with a voltage-cutoff via my always-on cigarette lighter...

Strange that it takes 5 seconds to switch modes. I wonder if it has to do with it being a dual camera set up. According to this older video the A119 parking mode switches almost instantly.

Strange that it takes 5 seconds to switch modes. I wonder if it has to do with it being a dual camera set up. According to this older video the A119 parking mode switches almost instantly.

Here in this video it works almost instantly. I have the A129 and wired up the 2 wire kit not knowing three were needed for parking mode to work properly. Why wait on Viofo? I think that I will order the 3 wire kit for the Mini 0906 and get a micro USB female to mini USB male for the A129. Any Thoughts?

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Here in this video it works almost instantly. I have the A129 and wired up the 2 wire kit not knowing three were needed for parking mode to work properly. Why wait on Viofo? I think that I will order the 3 wire kit for the Mini 0906 and get a micro USB female to mini USB male for the A129. Any Thoughts?

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk
The video you linked too of it working instantly is the viofo beta hard wire kit. That particular video shows it working in tandem with viofo beta parking mode firmware.

You need both to activate that particular parking mode. Viofo has 5v power on pins 4 and 5 I believe that unlocks the special low bit rate parking mode. If the 3 wire kit you buy doesnt have power on both pins it won't unlock that particular parking mode and it will revert back to how it works with 2 wire.

Just wondering if the A129 will start coming packaged with the 3-wire parking mode power cable after it’s released? Or will it always be an optional accessory?
It will not be a standard accessories, it is optional.
I thought some sellers will sell it as a bundle with a good price.

VIOFO any idea when the 3 wire kit will be available in the UK please?
I ordered my A129 from VIOFO Amazon tonight.

Back