Clarification on parking mode?

jpohling

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have looked at the various threads and Viofo’s description of parking mode, but I reslly do not think I understand all the various options and why you should choose one method over another? I am hardwired with 3 wire kit. That works great. I saw many peoples settings were for low bit rate so thats what I chose. Butnit realky certain if that is the best choice or how to make that decision.

Best way to decide is to try the options and see which works best for you.

Some of the problems with each mode:

Low Bitrate: Poor quality image if there is a lot of movement in the image.

Low Framerate: May miss fast moving things, no audio.

Event recording: Dependant of successful detection of events, recording misses the start of the event.

Buffered recording: Dependant of successful detection of events, not available on current firmware.

So if you want to ensure catching 100% of events then it has to be low bitrate, especially as low bitrate includes audio which will record a collision even if it is not in view of the lens. The only real problem with low bitrate is that if there is a lot of movement in the image then it will loose quality, but unless you are parked on a busy highway with the trees blowing in a gale, it does seem to do quite well... at least I haven't seen many people complaining about the results...

Best way to decide is to try the options and see which works best for you.

Some of the problems with each mode:

Low Bitrate: Poor quality image if there is a lot of movement in the image.

Low Framerate: May miss fast moving things, no audio.

Event recording: Dependant of successful detection of events, recording misses the start of the event.

Buffered recording: Dependant of successful detection of events, not available on current firmware.

So if you want to ensure catching 100% of events then it has to be low bitrate, especially as low bitrate includes audio which will record a collision even if it is not in view of the lens. The only real problem with low bitrate is that if there is a lot of movement in the image then it will loose quality, but unless you are parked on a busy highway with the trees blowing in a gale, it does seem to do quite well... at least I haven't seen many people complaining about the results...
Thank you

Thank you

Most people opt for Low Bitrate Parking Mode. Chances are if someone backs into your vehicle, it isn't going to be olympic speed movement. Using reduced FPS is bound to miss frames, and possibly the event. So it's always better to record everything in a lower bitrate. Quality is still very acceptable at 4Mbps.

Back