Classy uber customer

Whoever set up that ride will be banned from Uber. Serves them right too! They can now spend their ill-gotten gains on the more expensive taxi fare :LOL:

Phil

I'm not condoning the woman's actions, but are Uber drivers supposed to have a tip jar? I thought tipping was supposed to be done through the app too?

KuoH

I'm not condoning the woman's actions, but are Uber drivers supposed to have a tip jar? I thought tipping was supposed to be done through the app too?

KuoH

There was a lawsuit about it. Drivers vs Uber. (drivers won) Drivers are legally allowed display tip jars and advertisements if they wish. But yes customers can also tip through the app as of several months ago. (Couldn’t originally)

A lot of us prefer to tip in cash, as electronic tips are usually taxed as income. IMHO it gives a deeper meaning to the tip :cool:

If you look at the comments on YT you'll see the thief's name, account names for various social media, and more. With job applicants receiving an online search now she's never going to get a decent job or be trusted by anyone in any way which IMHO is just how it should be. Anyone who would stoop that low deserves to feel that kind of pain :mad:

Phil

Cash BABY, all i have all i am.

It's stupid to have the tip box sitting there. I wonder if they could have a discrete sign? 'Cash tips appreciated, and preferred to ones left on the app?"

I've only used UBER a few times but tipped the drivers cash each time, and they seemed surprised. Both had mumbled about the low cost of the 'long trip' they got stuck with. ($80 and $90 runs, one to the airport one uber couldnt' pick up, the other to a city in the sticks the driver would have to run empty back from)

Uber are not allowed here, so not a problem here, and the Danish system are not tip bases here so giving a tip anywhere are highly uncommon.
Instead we have sold our soul to the devil ( unions and politicians, which by now are pretty much the same )

Back