Close call with a distracted driver

Good reflexes lacibaci!
But it would have been better to have taken avoiding action before the reflexes were needed; that stationary traffic was far from invisible, and it was a junction with lights and turning traffic so no excuses for not concentrating!

But it would have been better to have taken avoiding action before the reflexes were needed; that stationary traffic was far from invisible, and it was a junction with lights and turning traffic so no excuses for not concentrating!

Obviously nobody is a more perfect driver than you in literally every circumstance, Nigel. Your conceit never ceases to amaze me.

One of the parties here now suggest that using the phone while driving should cost 2 marks on your license ( Danes with motoring experience only have 3 marks to do good with, 18 Yo new drivers only have 2 marks )
It is clear that the 1 mark it cost now are not really helping, i am just surprised that they are not talking about rising the fine, that have always been their go to solution, even if that also do not work.

Personally i dont understand how it can be difficult to leave that damn phone alone, i think it is pretty easy.

It's hard to understand for our generation who grew up without them. For the young ones, it's like a body appendage. :)

we have spoiled them rotten, or that is "you" / others have cuz i have not fathered any kids i know off.
It is always "the others" fault :giggle:

I will also admit that a day or two without access to my PC, and i start to get a little frustrated.

Last edited:
I find the elderly are the ones that can't stop using their phones.

You've got that right!

If you look closely, you'll see the older female driver is looking down at her cell phone as she obliviously drives right into the lane of traffic in front of me without even looking to see if anyone is coming.

I do find that teenage girls are the worst though. If they should survive to become elderly they will have had a lot of practice!

Good job @lacibaci (y) With many people there would have been crumpled metal happening there.

Nobody is a perfect driver and it's easy to spot dangers watching a video knowing something's going to happen. Not so easy to do when you're driving. With any "close calls" like this, one should review things and see if there's something you could have done better with. Much of our driving is by habit, so developing the best habits helps.

And don't get me started on phone use while driving (or in many other situations in society where phones are commonly used). IMHO when someone is not acting responsibly with something, they should have the right to use that "something" taken away from them be it a car, phone, gun, knife, skateboard, bicycle, or whatever :sneaky: We live in a society with other people who have every right to expect all people to act responsibly toward all others- pretty simple ain't it?

Phil

Last edited:
We live in a society with other people who have every right to expect all people to act responsibly toward all others- pretty simple ain't it?
Simple? Yes. But it's counter to the prevailing attitude that 'me' is always more important than 'we'. :(

This happens a lot. And the worst thing is, it happens on a 2 way roads, where people almost always chose, instead of having a fender-bender (hitting the car infrot, from behind), to have a hard head-on collision.

Back