Cloud WiFi Setup for Open Networks - Blackvue response

MarcWinNJ

Reaction score
Country
United States
I got this from Blackvue. I'll post the results on Thursday.

Dear Customer, Thank you for choosing BlackVue. To configure Cloud hotspot settings without the WiFi access point's password ,unplug the power cable of the dashcam and take out the SD card->Connect in to your PC->Open the BlackVue PC/MAC Viewer program-> go to "Settings"/ "Preferences" -> Cloud settings-> input the SSID of the Wi-Fi hotspot -> Save&Close. Insert the SD card in the dashcam and power it up. Hope it will solve the issue.

didnt think it would as it seems its all MAC based, think your only way is to spoof the MAC address with your computer(putting in the MAC of the camera) Connect to the network with the spoofed address. Then the camera should work with the user/pass as entered in the above.

The MAC address is already set up with the provider. The problem with the software is it will not left you select an SSID and exit and save without enterin a password.

hey MarcWinNJ, I'm having the same issue!

I have the 650S with v.1.007 firmware.
I am able to save "optimumwifi" as the SSID and leaving the password field empty. I have entered/registered the MAC address to my optimum account.
However, it doesn't seem to be connecting or having trouble connecting to all optimumwifi.
The dashcam always says "wireless hotspot unavailable" and "wireless access point device limit reached" while I was driving.

reply from BlackVue support:

"However, Blackvue cloud service can only connect to protected wi-fi internet.
Which means “optimumwifi” is not possible since its has no password. That might be the issue why
your dashcam can not connect to it. "

seems like the dashcam doesn't support open networks.
they should include it doesn't support open networks on their website and on sellers' websites.
I mainly bought the 650S-2CH because I thought it will connect to optimumwifi in my area, but it doesn't support open networks. this makes a huge difference! bummer

I have asked them to add support for open networks.

Back