CLP Filter

I believe it does fit the 650 and I think that's much the same as the 750?

I will know for certain in a few weeks as I took the gamble and bought one along with a Mag Lens.

I just checked the dimensions with a 650 I have and they are the same as the 750, so, given that the maker of the video said the bracket will fit a 650, I should not have any problems.

Posting this for the benefit of others and not just answering my own questions lol.

Last edited:
The 550 and the 750 are the same size too.

I turned up a plastic adaptor to fit a Nextbase CPL to my 550 and transferred it to my 750. £20 Halfords, £12 eBay for the CPL.

I purchased one kit (front + rear) with this title: "MOOVIKA Polarizer Filter Clip Compatible BlackVue DR750S 2CH" and it fits well. It's a little bit expensive (and I don't understand why :( ) but it works, and it has a visible effect in many sunny situations (not all, depends, of course, on the light angle) .

. It's a little bit expensive (and I don't understand why :( )

they're made by hand, the glass comes from Germany, the plastic comes from Norway and they are assembled in and shipped from France, if they were mass produced it would halve the price

As I said, I have one of the "MOOVIKA" types, the glass/plastic lens doesn't fit right and keeps falling out. They are also difficult to tune the lens.

That's what I love about the Mag Lens setup, it's larger and can be easily turned to tune the lens.

The "Norway" plastic bracket is rubbish, due to the sun it's distorted and no longer round, the plastic is also pitted and rough.

It may be OK in Europe etc, however, the sun through the windshield in Australia makes for a very hot vehicle.

it's an option for something the manufacturer doesn't cover, it is only hand made and never going to be as good as something mass produced and injection molded

As I said, I have one of the "MOOVIKA" types, the glass/plastic lens doesn't fit right and keeps falling out. They are also difficult to tune the lens.

That's what I love about the Mag Lens setup, it's larger and can be easily turned to tune the lens.

The "Norway" plastic bracket is rubbish, due to the sun it's distorted and no longer round, the plastic is also pitted and rough.

It may be OK in Europe etc, however, the sun through the windshield in Australia makes for a very hot vehicle.
What to tune? The polarising glass should be at the right angle, and my understanding eas that we should nit move the glass. Maybe you un-glued it...?...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mine wasn't glued at all, the glass or whatever it is just sat in the rim slot.

And, that's why I said it kept falling out, I wasn't aware they had to be glued.

About DIY CPL-filter for Blackvue already had several discussions, maybe these links will help someone:
- New thread on polarizer filter for BlackVue DR500GW-HD
- Add DIY CPL (Polarizing Filter) to Reduce Windshield Dashboard Reflections

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B DR750S (1CH or 2CH) 23
S DR750S (1CH or 2CH) 19