CMOS used in the DR900s?

• Thread starter Deleted member 64174
  • Start date

Last edited by a moderator:
Apart from that, does Sony make an affordable 4k Starvis sensor?

They do now, but this camera was designed some time ago. Even the Viofo A129 Pro, which is newer, doesn't have a 4K Starvis sensor, although of course the end result is a much better image than DR900 even though it is not "Starvis", the sensor is not the only important part of the camera.

the sensor is not the only important part of the camera.

True, but after the lens that's where it all begins so you cannot get better images than the sensor is capable of giving, and I've not heard of major lens issues with any decent or better cams.

No point in setting a low limit at the start which can't be improved on thereafter!

Phil

No point in setting a low limit at the start which can't be improved on thereafter!
True, but also there is no point having a fantastic sensor if you are going to compress the result down to 25mb/s like the DR900. I was just reading the Zenfox T3 thread, that is only 2K resolution with 3 Starvis sensors, but apparently will do 45mb/s 2K, for great 4K we want twice that, not half that!

It is a "system", therefore everything in it does matter, but it doesn't make sense to put the limiting factor as the first link of the chain where it cannot be improved through firmware tweaks or minor hardware improvements. Unless of course you aren't going to try to improve your product's video in which case nothing matters. (Did I hear someone mention Blackvue? I was just thinking of them :eek:)

Phil

The most competitive 4K sensor is Sony IMX415.
Wish they can release some better sensor in the near future.

It is a "system", therefore everything in it does matter, but it doesn't make sense to put the limiting factor as the first link of the chain where it cannot be improved through firmware tweaks or minor hardware improvements. Unless of course you aren't going to try to improve your product's video in which case nothing matters. (Did I hear someone mention Blackvue? I was just thinking of them :eek:)

Phil
The sensor they use is capable of better results, they need to want that though

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N DR900S (1CH or 2CH) 23