Co-Pilot

Shez

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Co-Pilot CPDVR2 HS dash cam with a 16 gb mini memory card and it keeps coming up with dash cam full. Loop recording shows off, 1min. 5 min and 10min. When I hit 10 min it still comes up with dash cam full even when I delete all files. What am I doing wrong?

Grabbed this from the pdf manual
I believe it to be for the unit in question.

Loop Recording: Options: 1,2,3,5 or 10 or OFF . Select 1,2,3,5 or 10 to record video clips for the duration selected. (these are in one, two, three, five or ten minute clips.) Your dash cam will continually create new video clips as it records. Should you run out of space on your memory card, it will automatically record over the oldest files. If you set the Video Time option to OFF, your dash cam will continually record video until the memory card is full, and it will stop recording and the alert message “SD card” will appear on the display screen.

Sounds like as long as you are on 1,2,3,5 or 10 minute clips and don't have the feature turned off, it should overwrite older files.
If you've deleted all the files off the card, you might want to manually empty the trash on your computer.
Better yet, you might want to just fully format the card, though you might want to take a look into whether you need to put any software file back onto the card after it's formatted.

I'm not really familiar with this unit, but I hope that helps some.

I have a Co-Pilot CPDVR2 HS dash cam with a 16 gb mini memory card and it keeps coming up with dash cam full. Loop recording shows off, 1min. 5 min and 10min. When I hit 10 min it still comes up with dash cam full even when I delete all files. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks DashOto but the off section does not have an on option

I assume it would allow you to pick 1 of the options.

1 minute
2 minute
3 minute
5 minute
10 minute
off

So as long as one of the first 5 options are picked, that'd classify loop recording as 'on'.
But it doesn't sound like you've picked 'off' so, it should be on since you picked '10 minutes'.
Once you clear up the memory card issue, I'd reckon it'd start to work properly.

I assume it would allow you to pick 1 of the options.

1 minute
2 minute
3 minute
5 minute
10 minute
off

So as long as one of the first 5 options are picked, that'd classify loop recording as 'on'.
But it doesn't sound like you've picked 'off' so, it should be on since you picked '10 minutes'.
Once you clear up the memory card issue, I'd reckon it'd start to work properly.
Cheers mate so how do I clear up the memory card considering i have deleted all the files

Check out page 12 on this manual.
If that doesn't work, try right-clicking on the connected drive of the SD card and click format.

Did you manually move the files off the SD card into the trash? Or did you delete them from the camera itself?

Back